cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating phone

BCaverhill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I tried to install and activate the Public Mobile sim card I got a message that my iphone 5 was not compatible with the sim card.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BCaverhill wrote:

When I tried to install and activate the Public Mobile sim card I got a message that my iphone 5 was not compatible with the sim card.

@BCaverhill 

If your phone is not locked from the previous provider, try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

*network reset

If you need a website to see if your iPhone is locked or unlocked....let me know. 

Also if you run a full reset on iTunes, if the phone is unlocked, it will say “Congratulations your iPhone is unlocked”....no message....it’s locked. 

@BCaverhill 

You need to call provider you got the phone originally from. Ask them to unlock your device. Unlike androids which they give you a code to enter iPhones they have to send an unlock request to your device. If it doesn't unlock automatically then you have to plug your phone with the wire to computer and open up iTunes. It will push the unlock finalization and any other updates the phone may need (example carrier update)

Then you should be good to go.

If you used a referral code when activating for a $10 signup bonus that will be credited to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

@BCaverhill wrote:

You mean on the phone screen and/or in iTunes? If so, that means that your phone is locked to another carrier. Contact the original carrier to arrange to have it unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.