cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account

gregbrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

jan 27 around 8 i tried to active my new account and transfer my number but my public mobile sim card is still not working 

4 REPLIES 4

Hey @gregbrown 

Take a look in the top right corner. I'll send you a phone number to call to re initiate the port.  Please place the old providers SIM card back in your phone so you get the text so you can say YES.

gregbrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i think i screwed up responding to my older provider with there sim card, away to fix that or do i got to contact customer support?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gregbrown 

If you tried all the above, and still no go, to contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

(ADDING:  if you happened to be porting (moving) services from koodo prepaid, you'll definitely need to follow the above process to get the number ported from there to here)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gregbrown 

Try:

1. rebooting device
  2. resetting network connections
  3. toggling airplane mode on/off
  4. removing and reinserting SIM card

I'm presuming you used the PM App to activate and you responded YES to the port authorization request from the prior provider, with their SIM card in your device.   This is crucial and must be done within 90 minutes of getting that text.

Need Help? Let's chat.