cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended, new credit card, cannot log in to selfserve to update card details

JR_015
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I registered with Public Mobile last September. I use the AutoPay option. Every month I get a text from Public Mobile reminding me to pay my account, then telling me to ignore the message if I use AutoPay. So I get good at ignoring texts from Public Mobile, yes...?

Last month I was issued a new credit card. (Card provider does this every few years.) Three days ago my cell service stopped working. Received a Public Mobile text that my plan did not renew because my payment was not received. Told me to make a payment at selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Tried to do this multiple times. Selfserve will not let me log in to my account. "Sorry, your log in attempt failed. Please try again." Not once, not twice but every time for 3 days. 

Stupid chatbot asks me do I have a selfserve account or not. Does not understand, "I don't know."

Deeply frustrated. Has taken me 3 days to navigate the system to this point. I do not understand how to make it work. I need to get my cell service up and running again. I require 'real people' (human!) assistance.

34 REPLIES 34

JR_015
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I dialled *611 and tried to enter my credit card I was told my card was not recognized and I should contact my card provider, which I did. "Your call will be answered in rotation. Current wait time is over 5 hours..." Eventually, I did manage to get through to my card provider and they confirmed my suspicion that the problem was likely to do with my credit card details having been updated (new validity date, etc.). Told me I would have to do this myself with Public Mobile.

So, I tried to do this. Multiple times... But, as previously, I am unable to log in to my self serve account. Now, I thought I had registered a self serve account with Public Mobile back when I first signed up. Getting to the point where I begin to wonder.

It seems clear that, to this point, Public Mobile's service is not sufficiently 'idiot proof' to function for an idiot like me. (Old and dumb about automated systems...) Seems unlikely the system is going to improve, so reckon I need to 'un-idiot' myself to deal with it on terms that even a chatbot might be able to register in boolean terms.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JR_015 

I agree that it is frustrating dealing with SIMon chat the first time but got use to navigating through that.

Just follow @hTideGnow and @Anonymous  instructions and you will be in contact with a human.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_015 : What happens when you dial 611? If it asks for money then good. You could buy a voucher in many stores or a couple online places and use the 611 to redeem it. Or use the Instant Top-up method in a few stores. That way your service gets working again.

Once you can get in to your account then you'll need to Replace the payment card. Did you possibly get a text saying that they noticed that your credit card was expiring?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Chatbot can be confusing and frustrated sometime

try this on Chatbot and it helps to get to open ticket right a way.

type: Fogot log in information
Click "Contact Us"
Click "Click her to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.
There, you will be prompted to enter COMMUNITY Login (NOT My Account/Self-Serve) to validate your identity,

Need Help? Let's chat.