cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended after no Autopay reward ($14 balance), still suspended after paying with voucher

movi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a balance of $14 in my account and $15/month plan have been receiving the $2 reward for Autopay before payment is applied so I thought $14 + $2 = $16 would cover the $15 payment. However after the due date of Oct 24 I did not receive the Autopay reward and my account got suspended although the service has not stopped working. Today October 25, I updated my credit card, applied a $60 voucher, and received a text from Public Mobile saying "Your payment has been sucessfully added to your account" at 6:37 am.

However in my self serve account I still see the message "Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service." and I see "Plan Expired" in the Account Status.

I have messaged the Mod Team. Do I have always have to contact them to manually unsuspend my account or is it something they would look at automatically since it says "Please disregard this message" and I have a text from them confirming they received my payment?

Also, in future should I assume the $2 reward for Autopay will be applied if my balance is $13 or $14 and not worry about my account being suspended?

7 REPLIES 7

@movi  I think this has been a learning experience for all of us. Public Mobile is never dull.

movi

I see that the payment has been applied and account status is set to Active after I got this message from the mod, "That issue was already resolved , as soon as you power cycle (turn off/on) the phone your plan will be renew and the charge will be applied today as well."

I did not have to restart my phone for the charges to apply. I just logged in and saw it. There was no further explanation about issue. It just seems there were system issues that caused a delay in applying the monthly payment in addition to the delay in the $2 Autopay reward. In the rewards section I still see the error message "Error occurred while loading reward details."

movi

@totalUserA mod has manually applied the $2 Autopay reward but has not replied to my question about when the account suspended message will be removed, $15 payment for this month applied, and account status changed from "Plan Expired" to active. Yes I see the reactivate button in the account suspended message. Pressing it leads to the payment screen and I already applied a $60 voucher which increased my balance to $74.

I have always been able to see the $15 payment applied after the last day of the billing cycle with no account suspended message in my self serve account.

I'm in similar situation but not at the renewal day yet, I'm keeping my eye on it and will let you know how it plays out.

Just out of curiosity, does reactivate button showed up in your overview?

Thanks

movi

@will13am @darlicious Okay thanks. Yes I saw that thread before I posted. I also do not see the usual $15 payment being applied so either that is part of the glitch or my account has been suspended. I have always been able to see the $15 payment applied after the last day of the billing cycle with no account suspended message in my self serve account so it does not seem this is normally part of renewal.

I am curious to hear from people with a balance that was just under the monthly payment amount by $1 to $2, did you see the $2 Autopay reward being applied and have your service continue as normal without suspension?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@movi  As long as you have service you should ignore all messages on your account. This is how your account looks during renewal. If you look at announcements yu would notice there has been a glitch affecting rewards being applied during renewal the last couple of days. This issue will be fixed automatically  no need for a moderator. But since you're the first to post about it happening on the 25th as well keep your ticket valid just in case they don't apply the reward.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@movi , there's an issue with the system as mentioned in the announcement.  They are fixing all affected account. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Fix-in-Progress-Select-customers-missin...

Need Help? Let's chat.