cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account deactivated

poojajain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my mom's account got deactivated. She is out of country and I forgot to recharge it on time. Now I realised that it might be more than 90 days. She wants to keep the same phone number so please suggest me what should I do to get back the same number. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@poojajain   so in this case, the account was deactivated, phone number back to PM.. but PM supports are nice to give you back the phone number.  Great ending !!!

poojajain

yes they activated my old phone number on my new sim card. if you ever face similar issue, do contact cs_agent and ask them to help you.

So a Customer Service Agent activated the new SIM Card with your old number for you once you acquired the new SIM?

AE_Collector

poojajain

Solution:

I contacted cs agents and they suggested to buy a new sim card and then activated my old number on the new sim card. I got my number recovered. Thanks everyone for suggestions and help. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@poojajain 

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Reactivate a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

poojajain

the phone no was activated few years ago from public mobile itself

Anonymous
Not applicable

@poojajain : Sounds like you let it go. The account and everything about it is dead.

Where did the number originate? Maybe you could luck out and re-acquire it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@poojajain 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@poojajain wrote:

how can I contact CSagents?

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Hours of operation:

You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply from the CSA.

poojajain

when I dial that phone number and enter the phone number, it says we are having trouble finding your phone number. you can ask for more help online

poojajain

how can I contact CSagents?

poojajain

It's more than 90 days

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@poojajain  how long has it been?  The official line is that after 90 days accounts are closed and numbers are returned to the original provider.  That being said  as suggested  contacting CSagents to plead your case and hopefully they if you get a sympathetic one, might be able to help you out. Chances are very slim 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@poojajain : The way to check if the account is still alive is to call 18554public and after entering the number hearing what it has to say.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@poojajain   how many days it passed the 90 days "deadline"  Was the number originally from PM or Telus?  If so, you might have a chance but it is up to PM.

If  you got the number new from PM or Telus or Koodo and didn't port in from another provider, you might want to open a ticket with PM and see if they can give you back the number after you activate a new PM account.  To contact PM Support:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

If the number was from another provider and you ported in the number, after the 90 days, the number would have returned to the original provider.  in this case, you will have to work with that other provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.