cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account deactivated while I was abroad

Yassine16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried to access my account while being abroad, but wasn't able to receive confirmation text due to unavailability of roaming.

Now I am back but I can no longer access my account.

8 REPLIES 8

Yassine16

Thanks for the information, hopefully I will be able to have my phone number back

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Yassine16 

If your account has been deactivated as it went without paid service for more than 90 days then generally it's "lost forever". However due to the fact that pm sprung eversafe upon us without warning it has left many customers in the lurch unable to access their accounts. Any customers abroad are left especially vulnerable in trying to pay and reactivate an account if they haven't set up fail safe back up plans to overcome this possibility and even then the most experienced community member account can have their carefully laid out plans for reactivation stymied by a glitch. 

All accounts are recoverable but whether or not pm chooses to restore your account will be dependent on the circumstances on how it occurred and whether you have the steely determination and "never say die" attitude to insist on that as a resolution and/or follow thru on a complaint to the c c t s on why pm is responsible for its deactivation.

If your phone # did not originally come from telus, koodo or pm then retrieving it can be difficult and/or costly. A successful  c c t s complaint can put that task on pm rather than you. Any telus family phone # lost in the last 90 days is easily recovered by customer support from the hold number pool.

Restoration of any non expiring data add ons may not be able to be restored due to the change in pm policy and the introduction of a 30 day expiry date. Minute add ons do not have this concern.

The biggest loss will be a $$ rewards account as they are not recoverable and you would be reactivated as a points program member.

Good Luck! If you need further advice as to what to say or not say and when feel free to reach out to me via private messages.

@Yassine16 yes, you will for sure need to create a new account with a new PM sim as your account has been suspended for 90 days.  If you got the number originally from PM or Telus, there is a chance support can assign you back the number , but you have to check with support directly 

@Yassine16  Unfortunately yes . You will need to creat a whole new account with new SIM card . And best to use a different email then . From before . You can always change it later after activating new account . In your profile settings 

Yassine16

Thanks for providing the PM number.

My phone number could not be located, which means my account has been closed

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If your account was not paid for 90+ days it is closed forever with no ability to be recovered and number is lost.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yassine16 when was the last time you paid ?

call 1.855.4PUBLIC and see if the system can locate your account 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Yassine16  dial  *611 what recording do you get . If it’s been suspended more then 90 days the account is closed 

Need Help? Let's chat.