cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account closed July 2023 but still being charged

Mike2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RESOLVED, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

Hi, I was an office manager and opened an account with Public Mobile, but moved to another office last year. The new manager didn't want to use the number and asked me to cancel the subscription. I did it on July 10 of last year. The account was supposed to be active till the end of the month (July 29) and then "on hold" for 90 days. My credit card has been charged each month since then, even though the number is not active and the account is closed. 

I have no way of contacting anyone because the manager also cancelled the old office email address associated with the phone. It's crazy that you can't talk to a live agent here! At one point I got frustrated and disputed one of the transactions with the bank - they stopped payment and reimbursed me (for that particular month)... but it didn't stop Public mobile from charging me again the next month... and the next... and the next....

I'm really (!) frustrated now... Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Mike2024

Thank you, will definitely do that!

I was able to submit a ticket, we will see what PM says about a solution. 

@Mike2024 

you could initiate charge back proceedings for the unauthorized payments. Talk to your credit card provider to start that.

Mike2024

Hi, thanks for responding. I definitely disabled autopay. 

I do not have the phone with me - and that's the frustration. Can't login in anyway - no email, no phone. 

I will open ticket as you suggest, thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mike2024 

how did you  "cancel" the subscription?  did you disable Autopay (Subscribed)  from Payment page on My Account?

do you still have the phone with you? if so, you can still use that email address to login (that is just a login id) and use the phone to receive 2FA code.

if you are unable to receive the code, then please open ticket with PM support and work with them on a solution

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

Need Help? Let's chat.