cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about my experience

Janice_yunhan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I must write down my experience here!
Public Mobile charged me over 2000 last year! 

The reason was they automatically charged me a 1GB add-on each month for $11, and several times, some months, they charged me over 200 dollars for the data add-on; if you did not check the bills, you couldn't find it.

I asked them to check last October, no one answered me, and till now, they said everything is normal, that was so ridiculous. 

The company must refund me asap. Otherwise, I will ask the lawyer for help.

43 REPLIES 43

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Janice_yunhan, sorry to hear about this.  So in your account overview do you have a list of all the data add-ons that were purchased (by error) or did you use the data?  What is the plan you are currently on with how much data?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : There are no surprise out of the blue charges here. We need to pre-pay for everything. This customer has something going on that appears to be very improper. We'd all like to help them if they could post some pics or answer some questions.

@Janice_yunhan 

Did you use all that extra data?

Do you have a huge balance?

Are you on autopay?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Janice_yunhan 

Wow, I guess you don’t check your monthly CC statements. 
There could be two reasons for the high charges.

1. You CC was compromised.

2. Your Add-ons maybe calls or text while you are at another country and roaming charges was added on. 
Best you check your Self Serve account to see what happened as @HALIMACS instructions.

Keep us posted.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I am not aware of PM's recurring charges for add-ons. It is always 'one time deal' - you buy it use it and done.

Unless somebody is playing nasty joke on you having access to your PM account.

Please provide screenshot of your PM payments (form PM account); maybe we can assist figuring out what is going on.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Janice_yunhan 

And you did not notice on your credit card or bank statement of this anomaly?

And the add-ons are a two step process....you cannot set them up to be a recurring purchase. 

Based on Telus policy I doubt if you will get it all back. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well @Janice_yunhan , start building your case.

First, I'd start with asking your payment card company to detail the transactions (unless you're able to view them all on your credit card statement)

Then, correlate those charges with the "View Payment History" section of your Public Mobile self-serve landing page.  This will be to ensure you weren't charged against some other (as of yet, unknown) PM account which may have been setup when you first activated.  [if you activated in-store and the agent had activation issues...]

Take a screenshot of all the pages of the View Payment History screen, for the past 6 months, and post them here.   

We can help to build your case, but it'll be up to you to defend it!!

It'll look kinda like this:

HALIMACS_0-1643998076494.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

$2000 a year seem really overcharge.   But keep in mind in the transactions log  PM breaks the monthly plan price into 2 lines  , a line about service and another line about the data.  I wonder if you saw that and you think PM keep charging data monthly 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Janice_yunhan 

I hope Public Mobile will sort this out quickly. Keep us updated.

B8645108-A361-49A7-8005-44B5DFB124E6.jpeg

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Janice_yunhan 

This sounds concerning. It's possible you may have been a victim of fraud. Given the amount of money involved, I actually would recommend you do seek legal assistance and also have someone look at your devices to ensure that no one else has been using them improperly without your knowledge.

We are all PM customers just like you, so it would seem the scope of this problem goes way beyond our ability to assist.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Janice_yunhan you only check your credit card statement once a year?

Check the transaction log on My Account   I think it can go back as many as 6 months.  Review them all and kindly post us some screenshots. 

Yes , at the same time,  open a ticket with PM support for investigation 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Janice_yunhan : Wow. Would you like to post a screenshot of the left side of your overview page. Maybe also your Payment History from here (not payment card). Maybe we can see some things to help guide you in your quest for justice.

Need Help? Let's chat.