cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 10 network compatibility

666Deicide
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm planning to purchase an Asus Zenfone 10 - global version. Will this be fully compatible with the PM network or will I miss out on features such as VoLTE?

11 REPLIES 11

666Deicide

It's the only phone I have found with all the features I'm looking for.  I'd love to try one, however they are essentially unavailable in Canada, so purchasing would be the only way. Can't just cross the border and take someone's phone to try out for a couple days.  The us version at least hits the other 5g band as mentioned. I can acknowledge that it is a gamble that it may not land on the list.  This gs7 is on its last legs, and so far I haven't found another phone that is a suitable replacement.  It may be out of stubbornness, but the huge size and lack of 3.5mm jack on new phones are ridiculous, and to drop to a cheaper phone on the list, I lose wireless charging. These are compromises I am unwilling to make. If you have a suggestion of a phone that ticks all the boxes of the Zenfone 10, but is known to work with volte, I welcome your suggestions.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If it's being suggested not to get a phone not on the volte list then why take the risk on another phone not on the list?
One could also try the phone and see if it works on volte. Indeed some phones work but aren't on the list. But that's a gamble you'd have to be willing to take.

This is a list of customer reports of phones. But it hasn't been updated since late July.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/VoLTE-Phone-Compatibility-Community-membe...

HI @666Deicide yes, time to get a new phone

those newer flagship Samsung phone S23/S22 should work VoLTE no problem even it might not be on the list (PM didn't update the list since it published in the beginning)

666Deicide

Considering the us/north american version now as it appears to hit more 5g bands, including 66, as mentioned. I tend to keep my phone's for 4+ years (currently using a galaxy s7), so future compatibility is very important to me.

Love the username, all of it. 🙂
You can still use the phone. Talk on UMTS will be with us for a while yet. Eventually UMTS will be phased out but that's not for a couple more years yet. Data on LTE will be fine and will run whatever speed plan you get. The plans here are more about speed than network connection.
The only limitation is roaming where volte is now supported. Without volte then there is only one talk option available which has lesser coverage. But still works.

666Deicide

Thank you. I was looking for a list to aid in my search for a new, compatible phone. Sad to see it is so short. I'll go back to the drawing board and look at other models on the list.

HI @666Deicide 

here is the list, and your phone is not on it.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

666Deicide

Can you link to this list?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@666Deicide 

look like it will work on both 3G and 4G, but  look like this phone does not have the main 5G band b66, so, 5G could be an issue (it has b78 but I believe it is not the main 5G band for PM)

These are the bands on your phone (Bold are compatible ones)

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
5G bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA

And these are bands for PM

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@666Deicide 

it's not on the PM volte list of cellphones so it won't have volte turned on...yet.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @666Deicide 

yes, the global version is compatible with PM network

Need Help? Let's chat.