cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE Cymbal 2 phone

vindicator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am thinking of buying a ZTE Cymbal phone. I am not sure if it will work on the Public system. Here is some technical info I grabbed from their site: LTE Bands: B2/4/5/7/12/13/66 | GSM Bands: 850/1900 | UMTS Bands: B2/5.

If anyone cane tell me whether this will work on the Public system, BEFORE I buy it, that would be great.

Thanks

Vindicator

3 REPLIES 3

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vindicator :Since the above posts already confirm for you that the phone works with Public, you should go ahead and choose one of the above replies as your accepted solution by clicking on the accepted solution button by one of the above posts - doing so will help others in future who also wonder if that phone works with Public.

Also in future you can check if any phone compatible with Public by clicking on the activate a SIM card button at bottom.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@vindicator wrote:

I am thinking of buying a ZTE Cymbal phone. I am not sure if it will work on the Public system. Here is some technical info I grabbed from their site: LTE Bands: B2/4/5/7/12/13/66 | GSM Bands: 850/1900 | UMTS Bands: B2/5.

If anyone cane tell me whether this will work on the Public system, BEFORE I buy it, that would be great.

Thanks

Vindicator

@vindicator   It seems Bell and Telus sell that particular model for their prepaid service, so there should be no problem with it being compatible on PM's network as Telus is the parent company.  Just needs to be unlocked.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@vindicator 

This is PM's:

Minimum recommended phone specs:

• 3G UMTS/W-CDMA/HSPA: B2 (1900) and B5 (850)
  • 4G FDD-LTE: B4, B12

Currently VoLTE is not available and voice calls are only on 3G. SMS and data can work on 3G or LTE. Fastest data speeds are on LTE.

For LTE, these are all of the available bands on the network: 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29, 30, 66. Some bands are available in some locations, others available elsewhere.

Any phone you are considering should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage. If your phone does not have all recommended bands, you may have poor coverage / no service / slow data in some locations.

For LTE: B2, B7 will give you faster speeds. LTE B5 will give better indoor coverage in some downtown urban areas. The rest are not really necessary.

Need Help? Let's chat.