cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another question about activating data

jacobraymond97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I transferred my number from a previous provider yesterday and activated my plan. So far, I'm able to send and receive calls/texts, but I'm unable to use any of my data. I have followed the instructions on posts such as these to no avail. For reference, I'm using a Pixel (1st gen)88987675_325935921698955_2633626074201718784_n.png

EDIT So after opening a ticket and chatting with a mod, I found a solution: I simply had to reset my network settings

5 REPLIES 5

jacobraymond97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your help. I was unable to include the full APN configuration form in my first screenshot. See attached. As you can see, the APN field value is indeed sp.mb.com.

To clarify the second part of your message, should my APN type be "default, supl, mms" or only one of these words?

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@jacobraymond97 , I don't see the APN field value.  It should be sp.mb.com.  The APN type field should be default,supl,mms.  Don't forget to ensure mobile data is turned on and check data usage limits.  

I've helped 10 or 12 people switch to PM and I've never had to manually enter APNs or even enter the phone's Settings to prompt data to work.  Any modern phone and OS should do this for itself, right?

What gives?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jacobraymond97 , I don't see the APN field value.  It should be sp.mb.com.  The APN type field should be default,supl,mms.  Don't forget to ensure mobile data is turned on and check data usage limits.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jacobraymond97 wrote:

Hi,

I transferred my number from a previous provider yesterday and activated my plan. So far, I'm able to send and receive calls/texts, but I'm unable to use any of my data. I have followed the instructions on posts such as these to no avail. For reference, I'm using a Pixel (1st gen)88987675_325935921698955_2633626074201718784_n.png

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you reboot the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.