cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong balance showing

TiffSpencer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We just added funds to the account and we were charged $56.00 and $4.21. But, only $53.76 is available on the account. I don't understand what's happened here. 

Screenshot_20220911-143211_Chrome.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

@TiffSpencer wrote:

Initially it wouldn't allow me to put an amount less then $50 - custom amount

So, we were charged the $50+12%= 56.00 - that's what came off the card

But, only $50.00 was available in the account and the bill is $53.76 

This is why we charged another 3.76 - this amounts to $60.21 - total charge for a balance due of $53.76

When the system applies the available funds to the balance due - $6.45 should be credited back to me 

Otherwise, it appears to be a double tax situation - the initial tax on the balance due and then again on the transaction to add funds to the account. 

So you were aware of topping up $50 first, then you topped up $3.76.

I believe this is becoming more clear @TiffSpencer ,

Your My Account does NOT show TAXES in the payment history/details, but your credit card will show the taxes charged. I believe @computergeek541 mentioned this early on.

You now have $53.76 to put towards your future renewals or purchase addons.

You've already paid taxes on this $53.76, so don't worry, you will not get charged again unless your amount owing is higher, then you only pay taxes on the difference.

So for example, your next renewal is for $50 and will draw from your $53.76.

Then you will have $3.76 left in Available Funds. (Of course, it may be more if you have rewards applied first).

Make sense?

TiffSpencer

Initially it wouldn't allow me to put an amount less then $50 - custom amount

So, we were charged the $50+12%= 56.00 - that's what came off the card

But, only $50.00 was available in the account and the bill is $53.76 

This is why we charged another 3.76 - this amounts to $60.21 - total charge for a balance due of $53.76

When the system applies the available funds to the balance due - $6.45 should be credited back to me 

Otherwise, it appears to be a double tax situation - the initial tax on the balance due and then again on the transaction to add funds to the account. 

@TiffSpencer they didn't charhe your tax twice.  They might have over charged you, but the extra are sitting at your Available Fund.   Keep in mind, all prices you see on My Account are pre-tax.  So, you have $53.76  usable amount on your My Account.   If they charged your tax twice, your Available Fund will be less than $53.76

Again, it seems like they overcharged you for whatever reason.  So, you still should open ticket with PM support and get it straight:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

TiffSpencer

The amount due before taxes is $48.00 and $53.76 is with the 12% taxes. When the system pulled the money initially it took $56.00 off the credit card. Which is another 12% tax on the 53.76. All together with taxes included for this bill payment it should only be $53.76 and I was charged $60.21. So, that's where the confusion comes in and I'm still not clear on this additional 12% tax that appears to have been charged.

@TiffSpencer   I don't think they charged you tax twice

you do have 53.76 as available fund in your My Account.

You were charged on your credit card ($56 +$4.21 = $60.21)  , and  $53.76 + 12% tax is $60.21.  So, you only got charged tax once and you did get the full before tax amount  ($53.76) in your Available fund.   If it got charged tax twice, you won't get $53.76 as Available Fund and you will only have $48 as Available Fund 

You said you add fund yourself.  Do you recall you ever use "Custom Amount" option and manually put in the amount to pay or you just have selected "Amount Due" when you paid?

Also, how much is your usual Loyalty reward and friends referral rewards?

did you make a plan change request to the $41.25 Plan?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I can, sort of understand $50 and $56 showing on your CC and PM account.

It looks like you added $50 through voucher. And you were charged at point of sale $50 + 12% tax. You will not see tax amount on PM account; only CC will show full amount, tax incl.

$3.76 (as shown on PM account) +12% tax = $4.21 (as shown on credit card account).

Now, what you can buy for $3.76 at PM - beats me??????

And, correct, you do have $53.76 on your PM account to pay bill or purchase add-ons.

You're right the math is 48 x 1.12 = 53.76 x1.12 = 60.21. But I would wait for those transactions to finish. They're still pending. The line items in the history don't make sense though. That should have only been one line saying 48. This would be the first time I've seen the transactions looking like that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TiffSpencer 

No, please disregard. Sorry

TiffSpencer

Well, that doesn't seem right. The balance owing was 48.00 and 53.76 with 12% gst and pst. So, how could they charge gst and pst on the top up amount? That would be charging 12% taxes twice. 

yes....sorry gang !

@hairbag1 wrote:

refresh.jpg

I"m confused as this thread isn't about data usage amounts. Did you mean to post this in a different thread?

@TiffSpencer wrote:

We just added funds to the account and we were charged $56.00 and $4.21. But, only $53.76 is available on the account. I don't understand what's happened here. 

Screenshot_20220911-143211_Chrome.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

From what i see, you have to pay taxes on top of the top up amounts. The $3.76 amount however, doesn't make sense as most plans are of a full dollar amount and the one that isn't is $41.25.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

refresh.jpg

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TiffSpencer 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to fix it,

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

have trouble with Chatbot: private message CS_Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once ticket is submitted,(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

Need Help? Let's chat.