cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word of Wisdom

Vahidar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would it be so much to ask if you guys can alert us next time when your systems are down again?

There are many people who rely on your services.

Example: 

When my credit card expires, i think all our do eventually.. SO,  is there no such thing in place as to send a little tiny reminder or some sort of notification to alert us that we need to renew our payments and what have you , INSTEAD of waiting for a catastrophic event such as yesterday and today for this issue to rise up?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

@Vahidar 

it's minor to the customers who prepay ahead of time and dont rely on autopay to manage their accounts. that's a standard practice everyone at PM should use. once the account renews, add more funds for the next renewal date.

this also avoids the account deactivating and reactivating during the renewal process. which can have provision problems such as certain services not working ie. text, voice or data

Vahidar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry what makes this minor . I have trouble understanding that part.???

Rogers owned up to the outage because the government put pressure on them.  These outages are minor in comparison.  That said, we do experience too many of these minor incidents, death by 1000 cuts.  

@will13am problem is the clean up was sloooooow

I don't think they will read this or they will action, but some thoughts on top of the text

1.  A big red banner on Community here about the outage

2.  big banner on My Account , at least people won't waste time trying.  Some keep resetting their password thinking it was their own problem 

3. an hourly update on Community 

4. at the end, they should tell us what happened.   Rogers did come back and tell us it was patching led to the outage

@Vahidar 

I agree, the least they could've done was send out a text message to customers informing them of the outage. there was a post about the outage under the 'announcement' section. this is a DIY service so it's best to keep oneself upto date instead of relying on PM to do things for you because they won't ... 

the best way to manage one's account to avoid similar scenarios is to have funds loaded in the account rather than relying on auto-pay. everytime ones account renews, that will be ones cue to manually add more money to the system. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

The question is...was there an opportunity to advise their customers of the shut down?

Exactly what took the system down?

Was it poor programming from the past, with an inadvertent time bomb?

Was it a live upgrade that was untested or poorly handled?

Will it ever be revealed....not likely!?

How much “extra” did this cost them vs spending “extra” on fixing all the other stuff that needs fixing especially all the failing 5 x $5 RAFs plus.........

Is the repair permanent or a patch that will create issues in the future. 

There is that old old saying...garbage in, garbage out. 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Agree. Unlike other provider, you can call customer service to figure out what is going on. Waiting two days now eventually can log in. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vahidar , I generally agree that a notification post in a timely manner would be appropriate.  I sense there is this negative perception of having to fall on one's own sword.  Let's try to clean up the mess quickly and hope nobody ever saw what happened.  

Need Help? Let's chat.