cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering if I upgrade my plan, I will lose the 2GBBONUS

felixwang118
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

^^title self-explanatory, wondering if I upgrade from my current 3GB plan ($35) to a bigger plan I will lose the BONUS 2GB

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Customer service agents "bend rules" in other types of services for customer satisfaction.

Or, system glitches happen in customer's favor sometimes also.

Not saying it will happen here, but there's always that possibility. 

I have seen it happen at Public Mobile with one if my friend-referrals,  and elsewhere. 

At PM. aren't rules made to be broken?

Example:

Referral rewards are not supposed to be credited retroactively:

t_p_0-1636656820119.png

but we see people ask for and get it regularly.

🤔

..totally understand the terms.. we just hope PM would bend the rule slightly as the customer is willing to pay more.. upgrading the plan..🤣😂

but yes, if the rule is there and PM is following the line, we cannot be too upset with it  🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The terms of the offer are pretty clear. Plan change = loss of bonus data.   Not sure why people are trying to suggest contact agents etc. 

There are two main options try the plan change and see what happens.  Or port out then back in and apply the promo again 

I think if agent promised to do so and there are proof, likely PM have to honour it..

and .. if OP is going ahead with plan change anyway, ( maybe he really needs the extra data on the new plan)  then  having the 2GB staying is a true bonus.. if it is gone, then nothing OP can do as he needs the extra data.    I think OP should ask regardless and hope for the best

(of course, if OP does not really need the extra data on the new plan, or the current 2GB and the new data without the 2GB does not really make too much the difference, then think twice)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

You could ask CSA, but note sometimes different agents will say different things.

Best you could hope for is an agent saying YES, you will keep it, THEN make sure you take screenshots of that MESSAGE.

Eh, do you think it will actually help OP if PM cancels his/her bonus due to plan change?

They can just claim 'agent was incorrect' and end of story. You can provide screenshot, sure, with agent's name but I doubt it will help as PM will say 'Oh, we have 23 Johns so no way to find out which one 'promised' you that...' or 'He/she just quit or we let him/her go...'

@felixwang118 
Quite a long time ago I heard here of someone who had a conversation with a PM rep in order to keep an existing bonus through doing an upgrade. The rep was able to do the upgrade and keep or reapply the bonus in this situation. BUT this could have been 1.5-2 years ago and it would have been a single use add-on type bonus, not the reoccurring 2GB bonus that you are referring to (I believe?). So this doesn’t mean that you will have the same results as the wording is quite clear. But worth a try. It never made any sense since they came up with this wording that it would apply to upgrades, should only be downgrades I would have thought.

AE_Collector

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@felixwang118 wrote:

^^title self-explanatory, wondering if I upgrade from my current 3GB plan ($35) to a bigger plan I will lose the BONUS 2GB

@felixwang118 

Officially from the terms and conditions you will lose it. But unofficially YMMV!

You would think especially, if you are UPGRADING, PM would keep it with the account.

You could ask CSA, but note sometimes different agents will say different things.

Best you could hope for is an agent saying YES, you will keep it, THEN make sure you take screenshots of that MESSAGE.

Change the plan and see what happens. If you lose it, submit a ticket to CSA and show them the screen shot, they should honour it.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@felixwang118   technically YES

Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

However, if you are upgrading your plan, maybe open a ticket with PM CSAgent and see if they can still honour the bonus data.  No harm to ask.  

Also, come back and let us know what they say 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@felixwang118 

Yes you will lose it...

2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

Need Help? Let's chat.