cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't process credit card for activation of SIM

tamsin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I'm trying to activate my SIM but can't get the form to process my credit card. I've checked my credit card and i'm below my limit and I am entering my address information exactly as it is registered with the bank.  

Help?

7 REPLIES 7

KimJ

I had the same problem trying to sign up yesterday. Switching browsers to Chrome in incognito mode solved it for me.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tamsin, try clearing browser cache or using incognito mode.  This might help.  The self serve portal can be really temperamental.

tamsin

Thanks! I tried both my partner's credit card, and mine (from two different banks, one a visa and one a mastercard). And neither worked, so I'm guessing it's the address. I don't have an apartment number, but I'll try re-enter my address a couple times different ways and see if it helps. 

@Psygineer wrote:

What credit card are you using? I worked previously in a position where I had to process credit cards on a daily basis and I can tell you that some credit cards can be quite tempermental with online billing. Calling the phone number on the back of your credit card and speaking to the CSR should help as they can clear any kinds of fraud flags that might be being triggered by your "unusual purchase." (I'm assuming you don't spend online for cell service frequently). They can also enact other flags for you that tells the acceptance algorythm to relax for a little while allowing the payment to process. Once the process has been done, the algorythm should in the future accept it as not being fraudulent. (It might happen again next time, but after that it should be good.) 

Yes the problem might also be a flag, true! However from experience here, usually the problem isn't a flag but really PM system not recognizing the address or the browser not working for some reason...

Anyways, its worth trying to call them for sure 😉

Tell us if it works!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What credit card are you using? I worked previously in a position where I had to process credit cards on a daily basis and I can tell you that some credit cards can be quite tempermental with online billing. Calling the phone number on the back of your credit card and speaking to the CSR should help as they can clear any kinds of fraud flags that might be being triggered by your "unusual purchase." (I'm assuming you don't spend online for cell service frequently). They can also enact other flags for you that tells the acceptance algorythm to relax for a little while allowing the payment to process. Once the process has been done, the algorythm should in the future accept it as not being fraudulent. (It might happen again next time, but after that it should be good.)

That's all assuming it is the "handshake" that is failing and not that your card does not support online transactions of this nature (like some debit cards will not process unless you have an online account associated with it.)

Edit: Another issue I just thought of could be is if you are using any kind of VPN it could be flagging it as fraudulent as well. Ex. You are paying for a Canadian service while you are in "Japan" or some other place. Plus some browser extensions (incognito mode would fix that) and security tools (like Malwarebytes) can cause communication issues.

@tamsin wrote:

Hi, 

I'm trying to activate my SIM but can't get the form to process my credit card. I've checked my credit card and i'm below my limit and I am entering my address information exactly as it is registered with the bank.  

Help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Someone_here wrote:

If you have an appartment number, try not to write it down. You can also try to shorten your street name if its long/complicated.

If not, try using a different browser, and incognito mode.

If you need a referral to get the $25 credit don't hesitate to ask 😉

Wasn't it that one shouldn't use the unit# / apt# field and just put the unit in the street address? Like 123-456 Main St.

lol Ditto on the referral. 🙂

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

If you have an appartment number, try not to write it down. You can also try to shorten your street name if its long/complicated, try removing any "SE", "NW", "St", "Street", "Blv", etc...

If not, try using a different browser, and incognito mode.

If you need a referral to get the $25 credit don't hesitate to ask 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.