cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without notification my phone phone number is locked?

majesticfeminin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What on earth is happening? !y phone is now inaccessible via the phon number hen I dial in, and no one tells me this? This is unacceptable. Dangerous as well, should someone need to reach me un an emergency. What is the fix? How can this be mitigated in the future? What kind of service is this?

15 REPLIES 15

@majesticfeminin wrote:

I don't appear to be getting inbound calls. Outbound work. This is nuts. I'm done with expensive tech that fails just because. Hoping tech support will check it out 🤪

Hi @majesticfeminin 

if just inbound , then it is a smaller problem

First try "Reset Network Settings" on your phone
      Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings

if you still cannot receive calls, change network to 3G

Settings-> Mobile Data -> Mobile Data Options-> Voice & Data,   To enable 3G, select 3G.

majesticfeminin

I don't appear to be getting inbound calls. Outbound work. This is nuts. I'm done with expensive tech that fails just because. Hoping tech support will check it out 🤪

@majesticfeminin wrote:

I have sent support 2 requests.

self solution removed

HI @majesticfeminin 

so, you cannot make outbound calls, too?

did you try click Reset All Networks? 

Check the Community inbox for agent's reply.  But it is long weekend, they might reply slow  😞

majesticfeminin

I have sent support 2 requests.

majesticfeminin

I had switched to LTE to handle greater data as I was having Bell issues and the Public Mobile system charged my credit card $44.07 pn the 6th July. I then asked them to downgrade service to $15 and that was to be charged on the 5th Sept, which everything looked okay. No indications of any issues until I used my phone number for online verification purposes and discovered that they could not comply. Huh? I then started down this rabbit hole, ending up here w. your help (greatly appreciated👍)  I put in a ticket but had not heard back. Placed another client request and now am not sure when it will be actioned. Any ideas? It's like no one could reach me for the past  month? And I hadn't tried calling my home number. Will do that now from my cell. I just tested and that worked. So I don't receive calls. I will have them look into the issue. When should I expect resolution?

HI @majesticfeminin 

you can login, but if you check the 1-855 number it cannot find it?

I thin you need support's assistance.  Please submit a ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

majesticfeminin

I haven't received any notice. Last payed Aug 5. Nothing unusual. Checked my pm account and it said next payment is Sept 5. No indicators whatsoever that something is wrong.

@majesticfeminin wrote:

Amazingly, I'm getting "sorry we're having trouble finding you phone number"! This is insane. 

@majesticfeminin   it is not your iPhone 11 issue but the account

any chance you have a charge back with any Public Mobile or Koodo or Telus payment on your credit card? Any chance something wrong on the credit card side?

at this moment, you need to work with support and get the issue further investigated.  Please message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

When did you last pay? When did you last have working service? If all recently then I might be running around to all my email accounts and banks and whatnot and changing passwords. Contact support (given in the first reply) and ask them what happened to your account.

majesticfeminin

Amazingly, I'm getting "sorry we're having trouble finding you phone number"! This is insane. 

From another phone, dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your number and see what it says. It will say one of three things. Did you possibly have a credit card problem recently?

majesticfeminin

Tried the things you mentioned. There's no indications anywhere that the account is suspended.  I am told the number I dial is not in service, when I try reaching my phone. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@majesticfeminin 

It could be just payment issue and account suspended 

did you check if your account status is active?  To avoid browser cache confusing,  please login My account using Incognito mode to confirm account status

If it shows On Hold (Suspended) , then it is a payment issue.  Click "Pay Now and Resume Services" to make a manual payment 

If it shows active,

• first try to reboot the phone
  • If that does not work, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem
  • Also, try the phone in another area if possible, it could be just a local network outage

You can also try to see if VoLTE works.  But first, what brand and model of phone you have?
You can check the VoLTE compatibility here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte
If you have a compatible one try to turn on VoLTE

iPhone: Likely no extra work need to do as Telus will enable by default but hide the option.  Still you can check
                 Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there
Pixel Likely no extra work need to do as Telus will enable by default but hide the option.  Still you can check
                Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there
Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

Now, turn off Wifi first. Check if the phone status bar showing it is connected to 4G or LTE

Then make some calls, see if the signal indicator shows LTE or drop back to H or 3G while you are on the calls.  If it stays with LTE, then yes, you are using VoLTE, and you can see if calls are any better.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@majesticfeminin  Please submit ticket with support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.