cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Within an hour of my plan renewing I get a text notification that I've used 75% of my data

dbyrne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help

My son's phone renews monthly and within an hour of it renewing he receives a text message saying that he's used 75% of his data (even if his data is turned off). Is anyone else having this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dbyrne   which plan does your son has and how much data he got?

Kids these days use iMessage or RCS to send pictures or even video, that can eat up lots of data easily

Check My Account and check how much data left under My Data & Add-ons to confirm if he really have used up that much data

Also, let us know what phone he has (brands and models), can provide you tips to track the usage on his phone so you can compare the usage with PM usage tracker

@Cellexcite wrote:

I'm having a similar issue with my phone. Its taking a few days but its chewing up data with even the mobile data turned off. Something is up with public mobile this month

@Cellexcite   Check you device data usage page and you can tell exactly which app used the data

(I replied with some tips  no your own thread)

Also, do you have Adaptive Wifi or Wifi-Assist turned on?  that feature will start using Mobile data if your Wifi signal is weak.  that is a data killer

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Pm has been known to send out texts like these in error for data, minutes and credit card expiries, so the good news is it may not effect your son and he will still have most of his data left, however some have recently brought up an issue with inaccurate consumption totals, your self serve should give you an accurate # and if it look soff too, I would open a ticket with a CsA

Cellexcite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having a similar issue with my phone. Its taking a few days but its chewing up data with even the mobile data turned off. Something is up with public mobile this month

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dbyrne 

The best thing to do is to login to your account and view the real-time data usage. 

Then go to View My Usage to view your son's usage.

Sometimes there is a glitch on the notification.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dbyrne wrote:

Help

My son's phone renews monthly and within an hour of it renewing he receives a text message saying that he's used 75% of his data (even if his data is turned off). Is anyone else having this issue?

PM billing cycle is 30 days.  The renewal date is not on the same date each month.  Therefore, your son's account will renew 5 days earlier every year.  Ignore what I am saying if you know PM billing cycle is 30 days.

PM server renews account on 12AM CT.  If you live in BC, your renewal time is 9pm PT on the evening before your renewal date.  PM does not renew your plan on the 12AM your local time.

With these information, there may be more than 1 hour after your renewal.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How about 95% used? Are these messages from 611? Does he have the wifi assist or the setting to switch to mobile data when out of wifi?

Need Help? Let's chat.