cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the 35$ Quebec only Plan work in Ontario?

LK_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will I be able to receive calls and messages in Ontario with the 35$ Quebec only Plan? I will be spending a few days in Ottawa.

8 REPLIES 8

LK_

Thank you for the tips!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LK_   

honest, it is a new plan with a non common feature "Quebec callings and text",  I don't see much talk about this plan so far

But I believe you should be able to receive incoming calls , most plans have it for free, only some really old plans lack the feature. 

But outgoing calls and text could be an issue

Either way, I suggest you to download VoIP app TextNow and use it on Wifi and Mobile Data as a backup to make/receiving calls and text

Maybe the French side of this site has tested things. I haven't read of other reports of peoples results with this plan.

Adding - isn't Gatineau in Quebec?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LK_ you just have to try and see . My guess it’s province of Quebec only plan . So YMMV

LK_

ok! 

LK_

I was hoping to connect to a Gatineau network. And wondering if anyone has tried it before.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

We don't know yet for the reality. But in Ottawa you might still connect to Quebec towers. So if you have the plan and go there then please do let us know.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LK_ @I think you answered your own question the $35 Quebec only plan 

Adding @LK_  maybe consider the $20GB for $39 and no problem use anywhere in the country 

Need Help? Let's chat.