cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Public Mobile surprise us down the road?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

This is what I am hoping from Public Mobile. When all current customers saw the awesome BF deals that were only for new  customer activations there were a lot of complaints here in the community about why not us too. Eventually, current customers did get to see some awesome deals for themselves. I am hoping that with the switch to a single point system we will see better plans and pricing for us to compensate for the lost loyalty and autopay rewards.

8 REPLIES 8

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JoyLuck said:   when walking around town and in malls I see nothing about it. Each time I mention PM to someone I have to explain to them what it is all about. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Telus eventually gets rid of Public Mobile altogether. Have you noticed that Public Mobile isn't even mentioned at mobile shops? Other prepaid providers are.

phhawk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wish some changes would happen too its a decent system cheaper plan for how loyal you are extra data and good ways the points i dont know but as long as it helps its ok 

Medolf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wi-Fi calling is definitely helpful for inadequate infrastructure.

@softech wrote:

Some new features would be nice:

Wifi Calling, Full VoLTE (no shortlist), Fix the payment system..

How many years has this been on everybody's wish-list !! Of all the processes involved in a PM acct...one would think payment systems would be rock-stable...but no bueno.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I will hope that these come soon!

1. Wi-Fi Calling! It is much needed at one of the buildings that I go to that has 1 - 0 bars of service inside and 4 bars outside of the door. The building also has Cisco commercial Wi-Fi boosters.
  2. VoLTE no whitelist anymore
  3. 5G Standalone toggle
  4. See the autopay rewards come back as 2 points & that you can pay out with just 1 point for a $1 credit.
  5. Fix the payment issue - Many people have had to buy payment vouchers because of this
  6. Fix the app to make it resemble a lot more like the My Telus app.

They have to compensate us for our inconveniences, not with 240GB of data, but new features! The Public Mobile Reddit is flaring up with Wi-Fi calling rumours set for this summer. Somewhat confirmed by a CS_Agent with someone asking.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 7.30.21 PM.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Some new features would be nice:

Wifi Calling, Full VoLTE (no shortlist), Fix the payment system..

@Dunkman 

I wonder whether Public Mobile realizes how important it is for their current customers to get their brand out there. I was a Rogers customer on a $10 prepaid plan that gave me a very limited amount of air time. I just happened to be on Facebook and someone mentioned PM and said how good it was. I did some googling and was a PM customer within a week. Before that, I had never heard of PM and to this day when walking around town and in malls I see nothing about it. Each time I mention PM to someone I have to explain to them what it is all about. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JoyLuck 

Hopefully, that would be the outcome. Offer cheaper plans to compensate for the loss of autopay and loyalty rewards.  

With the forced migration to reward points, I would like to have seen Public mobile offer the  present new activation only $24 and $29 plans to existing customers, but unfortunately, PM did not offer.  

Need Help? Let's chat.