cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I receive a notification when I refer a friend?

DKov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It seems the questions and answers I need are outdated. What I’d like to know is, once I refer a friend, they put in my code, will I receive a notice that my referral went thru?

8 REPLIES 8

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@DKov 

You should tell your friend to check his account and see if he got his $10 credit at the same time. (credits and debits are time stamped.)

DKov

I received at 2:01 P.M. the following day!

DKov

Thank u so much! You were right on the money! I received my ‘cha Ching’ at exactly 2:01 P.M. the following day! 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Hmmmm....now I wonder as I believe this thought had occurred to me previously but I betcha the adding of the $10 credit to the account coincides with the arrival of the Cha-ching text? 🤔😀🤑🤪👍🐈

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@DKov 

If you are on the points program then @Hollister 's answer is bang on.....the Cha-ching text is sent out at 2pm eastern the day following the activation when the referral code is entered  during the activation. If the activation occurs after 9pm eastern (I believe that's the cut off time) then the Cha-ching text is recieved the day after next.

Your friend will recieve the $10 bonus referral credit within 72 hours but most likely the next day after noon (depending on the time of activation as above).

If after 48 hours or so.....after 2pm eastern neither of you have recieved the text/credit that will indicate that there may have been a glitch during activation with the referral code being added to the account automatically.

Your friend will need to wait out the full 72 hours before contacting customer support to add the referral code manually. If you give your referral the last 4 digits of your phone # to give to the CSA that will help ensure that the correct referral code is entered. (This is not necessary just helpful as once a referral code is entered it cannot be removed.)

You may find this thread helpful in regards to the points program.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Public-Points-Rewards-Tracking-points/m-p...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DKov 

Did you get a text from PM indicating “Cha-ching! You just added to your Refer a Friend Reward-way to go! Keep referring to earn more. View your Reward”

If you did then you got a notice.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DKov 

If you are on the new points system you will receive a text message from 611 that you have referred a friend. I live out on the west coast and the text usually arrives around 11 am. The rewards portal for the new points system does not show the last 4 digits of the phone number of the person you referred. It only shows for people on the legacy rewards system. To get a list of the numbers you need to contact an agent. At renewal when you choose the Activity on the navigation bar it will tell you how many refer a friend points you have received.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DKov 

you might get a text telling you a new referral comes.  But those texts are on and off.  Best and most reliable is to confirm with your friend.  if your friend sees a credit of $10 on his/her My Account's Available Fund within 72 ours, that's a good sign.  You can also wait another couple days and check your My Rewards portal, friend referral and confirm if 1 additional point or 1 new number shows

Need Help? Let's chat.