cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose existing credits dollars when switching to new public points reward program?

fibetv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have been with Public mobile for more than one decade. I am with 25$/month plan for a while. Because I introduced PM to quite a few friends, I am not paying any fees on the existing plan. I am receiving 28$ combined credits each month. So, I am not paying any fees rather accumulate 3$ each month in my PM account.

I find Public Mobile has a new points reward program. If I switch to this new reward program, will I lose my existing credits on friends referral, automatic payment and loyalty? I tried to figure out by myself but don't find a solution.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

NotABot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please educate me on the point system to turn 1 point to 1 dollar saving every month. It is stated in the letter, but I feel it is not automatically applied to reduce the monthly bill. It is a trap. It is a shame! I hope I read it wrong. Please prove me wrong someone. Help is required! Please start a petition to cry for help! Count me in!

NotABot

running away is not an option! Please rally a protest, so loyal customers' voice can be heard! The legacy reward program keeps monthly so low, and that is the reason I am loyal. I don't use too much data, too many phone calls or even too much texts. But I have to keep the monthly payment low to keep a live phone! Every dollar saved is a win. Point system seems going the opposite. I wish I am wrong.

santi21

@fibetv wrote:

Hi,

I have been with Public mobile for more than one decade. I am with 25$/month plan for a while. Because I introduced PM to quite a few friends, I am not paying any fees on the existing plan. I am receiving 28$ combined credits each month. So, I am not paying any fees rather accumulate 3$ each month in my PM account.

I find Public Mobile has a new points reward program. If I switch to this new reward program, will I lose my existing credits on friends referral, automatic payment and loyalty? I tried to figure out by myself but don't find a solution.

Thank you.

This is by far the worst move PM could ever make.

I have been a fierce promoter of PM to all my friends and family for 8+ years. This is totally unacceptable. I will simply switch providers and bring all my friends and family with me.

Byebye PM

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fibetv 

Well, you will be mandatory switched in May to the present points rewards program. 

You will lose $5/month loyalty and $2/month autopay legacy rewards.  If all your friends, stay with Public mobile, then you will continue to receive 21 points/month for your referral rewards.  I expect that you will likely lost a few friends as customers migrate to other companies due to this change. 

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, they're screwing over all of their loyal customers, while pretending like they're offering them something greater. It's actually hilarious to watch. Instead of paying $0, you're now going to be paying them $25 per month (give or take a couple dollars from points).

You harvested all of these customers for them over the years, and your reward is to now give them more money 🤣

My opinion? Seems only fair that if you were promised something for delivering them new customers, and then they broke that promise, that you should now take away all of those customers in return. Shouldn't be too hard if you're in close contact with them. PM isn't very competitive without their old rewards program, so you can easily find replacement plans out there, from other companies.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no 'IF'. Everybody will be switched to Points in May 2024.

So if you have loyalty and autopay $ you will Lose them and will get $10/year for loyalty.
Points have to be manually converted in $ when you collect 15.
Referral $ are converted to Points so no loss there except manual redemption.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@fibetv 

it's a moot question as PM has announced that all customers will be on Points starting in May.  But to answer yoyur question...your $$ would be converted to Points.

added info link...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Need Help? Let's chat.