cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

Bmvanbese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a iPhone 8 I am trying to set up wifi calling with pm. 
I don’t see an option to toggle it on, I just switched from sasktel and I used wifi calling all the time , .

just curious if it’s not a feature pm allows ? 

8 REPLIES 8

@softech wrote:

@Handy1   one more to add.  Lucky currently offers its customers to use the apps to make calls using the phone number they have.  However, that is just a VoIP calling (like TextNow or Fongo) and not Wifi Calling.  AFAIK, no tier 3 providers are offereing Wifi Calling at the moment

Lucky Mobile's wifi calling app actually used a separate number from your main mobile line, which presents certain limitations... Also, it appears Lucky is shutting down their Wi-Fi calling app on March 15th 2023, and is already no longer allowing new customers to use it:

https://forum.luckymobile.ca/t5/Lucky-Mobile-Community/Lucky-Mobile-Wi-Fi-Talk-amp-Text-App-Decommis...

https://www.reddit.com/r/luckymobile/comments/10q0ym5/lucky_mobile_is_removing_the_wifi_calling_app_...

@softech @Thanks for clarification on that , I’ve never used such services before , but my daughter uses face time a lot and does it mostly on wifi … so naturally I just assumed that was wifi calling but your last two post  make it perfectly clear thanks again … learn something new everyday around here 🙂

@Handy1   one more to add.  Lucky currently offers its customers to use the apps to make calls using the phone number they have.  However, that is just a VoIP calling (like TextNow or Fongo) and not Wifi Calling.  AFAIK, no tier 3 providers are offereing Wifi Calling at the moment

Advantages for Wifi calling is that after it is enabled and setup on your phone, it is seamless to the customers. You make calls and receive calls on the same dial pad as you always use. Customers don't need to know if the calls was routed on the carrier network or your Wifi.  This is especially useful when you have weak  3G or LTE network or none,  like rural area,  when calls were not able to reach you on the network, the calls will then go through your Wifi instead

@Handy1 

Facetiem and Whatsapp is a kind of app voice calling

Wifii calling is the feature enabled by your phone carrier to use Wifi to receive and make calls on your phone using your Wifi.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/what-is-wifi-calling-tmobile-verizon-att-google-fi-sprint-setup-faq...

Instead of using your carrier's network connection, your phone can make a voice call via a Wi-Fi network (with your own phone number)

@Bmvanbese  Sorry I didn’t realize and @esjliv  i checked my iPhone and wifi calling is off … when someone used face time on wifi isn’t that like using wifi calling it is that just for the data part of video but still just using regular calling ?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

There is currently no wifi calling available with Public @Bmvanbese 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bmvanbese   PM does not have Wifi Calling  😞

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bmvanbese  In phone settings  go to phone and ensure wifi calling is on see if that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.