cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

Jeeprs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wanting to get rid of my house phone but doesn’t seem like public supports wifi calling? Any plans to enable this in future? We are in a remote area with no cell service - only way I can get service is right beside our cell phone booster which makes using a cell phone for calls at home impractical. Would love wifi calling but don’t want to leave public.mobile

4 REPLIES 4

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Jeeprs   We ported our home phone number to Fongo, which is a voip app.  The only downside is if you don't have backup for a wifi failure, such as with a power outage.

Correct. But with a ZTE box or the Panasonic option both have battery back up and no need for wifi. The question  is….how long do batteries last. The only failure is if a tower went down. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jeeprs   We ported our home phone number to Fongo, which is a voip app.  The only downside is if you don't have backup for a wifi failure, such as with a power outage.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Other options.  

A wifi option is to use voip.ms. All over wifi. 
I had my voip.ms ring my home phone set and my cell phone. Lots of programming options. 

Another option is use a ZTE box with a SIM card…..placed close to your booster. 

Another option is use a cell phone  with Bluetooth close to your booster with a Panasonic Link 2 cell phone set. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sorry @Jeeprs no Wifi calling with PM, and as a tier 3 provider, I doubt they will be bringing it in any time soon

Need Help? Let's chat.