Did you mean: 

Wifi button

Jay_Dee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone won't allow me to turn my wifi on

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jay_Dee   Do you actually mean wifi or cellular data?  For either, have you tried going into settings and enabling it there instead of at the button?

@Jay_Dee 

what phone is that? Android or iPhone?

you can try to Reset All networks or Reset Network Settings and see if that helps

If not, you might need to reset your phone (restore to factory default) and set  it up as new.  But remember to backup your phone first

@Jay_Dee That isn't something Public Mobile will be able to help with, as that's an issue with your phone. Though I've never heard that one before. What type of phone do you have?

Jay_Dee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's my actual wifi button. It will not let me turn on so that I can use wifi

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jay_Dee - Wi-Fi calling is not supported here at Public Mobile.

Or do you mean Like actual Wi-Fi? The WLAN Wi-Fi / BlueTooth Chip may be broken or fried. If both BlueTooth and Wi-Fi don't work, you will need to see a Phonatologist aka a Phone repair shop ASAP (Probably needing to replace the chip or phone)

Maybe you have Mobile Hotspot enabled I know that Wi-Fi gets disabled when you enable personal hotspot.

Better to just ask your phone manufacturer, not really the issue here, but the hardware / software of your phone. Also try rebooting your device or resetting network settings.

** You will lose all saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections when done, but can be reconnected **

Need Help? Let's chat.