cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling.

Balakumar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it wifi calling available with PM? All of sudden, in my pixel wifi calling menu appears. When I tried to setup, I got Telus page "oops we have encountered an error" I think PM may in process to add wifi calling. I hope this will be great if PM add wifi calling. Many people switch to PM at least with in my circle.

5 REPLIES 5

Google_Fi

I can confirm that WiFi calling option started to appear on my Pixel too since Dec last year. When I tried to set up, I saw the same error message. I believe this is an indicator that PM is trying to set this thing up! 😊

mm110

Same here on my Pixel 7. I get the following message:

"Oops! We have encountered an error.

Wi-Fi calling setup is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

See screenshot.

When a first joined PM close to 2 months ago, I never even had the option to turn on Wi-Fi calling, so hopefully something is in the works!

1000005823.png

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Balakumar 

I see the same thing on my Pixel 7 and get the same result when I try to set it up. Hopefully it is in the works and not just a glitch.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Balakumar 

Usually 3rd Tier providers don't offer WiFi calling. Public Mobile is a 3rd tier. Telus and Koodo offer WiFi calling but Public Mobile doesn't offer it at this time. I think that's their way of keeping things "cheaper" here. But then again, reality is, they have it on their top two tiers, what harm would it do to offer it here? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Balakumar 

wifi calling isn't included in any current PM accounts and plans...yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.