cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the boxing week promotion gives more benefits to new customers?

yen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The promotion week plans are better for new customers than those who already have the service. 

I am so disappointed since I wanted to upgrade my plan and it seems I will have to consider another company. 

I have helped someone to get a plan for 29$ (30 gigas) and I am not able to get the same one! I cannot believe it. I feel not a valuable customer.

16 REPLIES 16

yen

Well, I reached them as you advised but they can do nothing for me. They want me to pay immediately and I have just paid my current plan. I have been asking for this promotion the whole December even during boxing day week and now this! I should have move during boxing day to another company that offered same thing 29$ for 30 gigs and I didnt do it. 😞

yen

3 weeks have passed... still waiting 😁

yen

I sent the message, waiting for a positive answer.

@Mbhaniff 

The plan is for new activations only.

But you can check your luck with PM agent.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Remember, that plan supposed to be for new activation, so agent has the right to decline your request, although some reported they got it.

Mbhaniff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How did you do this?

GeraldVMS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unless i'm missing something - I can get these boxing week promos in my customer portal.  Select the plan to change on renewal.  Once current cycle is done, plan will renew at the promo rate.  $50 for 100gig is a bit much for me.  Just set 3 plans to renew with $40 for 60gig.  Although just started a 90 day plan so will be a bit.

Grand_Total

And of course, they have to start rewards from 0 again, not a good thing even on the new system ( and a total loss if on old rewards system)

New subscriber here, nothing to lose. If I see a plan I want that is for new activations only I shall not hesitate to port out and back in again (and get a welcome gift of 5 points for doing it). However since I already snagged the $29 10GB plan on Black Saturday I'm not expecting to be tempted, though a CAN/US plan at $34 might do it.

hi @HALIMACS 

yes, I know the trick. I suggested that before too

Most won't do it cos too much trouble.   Personally.  I wouldn't spent all these efforts for it.  Saw so many thought they jumped in for the lowest price ever and complain they saw another cheaper plan shortly after 

And of course, they have to start rewards from 0 again, not a good thing even on the new system ( and a total loss if on old rewards system)

Sure you can @hTideGnow 

Just port out to the cheapest pre-paid provider plan (or 'holding' service), then port back in to Public Mobile with the desired plan. (edit: although, this may be unwise for those on the legacy reward program... if one is not, there's little lost with doing this...)

But @yen , I agree with some of the others that the plan offerings might be a bit more enticing within the next week to 10 days, so watch them every other day.

KipGar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So they've got it figured out.

hi @KipGar 

it is more because of the phone number.  You cannot keep the sams numbers with a new activation on the same carrier

KipGar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This may sound silly but why can't you cancel then start a new account as a new user or is PM wise to that trick? I do it with my internet service provider but I'm new to PM so I don't know.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @yen no need to be disappointed, all carriers want to get new subscribers and this is not just PM.  But PM sometime will bring it to existing customers top, just wait patiently 😉 

@yen 

you / I / Us have no way of knowing..that's why I suggest watching Announcements. I dunno...but I wouldn't be surprised if they did have some love for us between now and New Year.

yen

Hmmm... do you think we will get something good by Dec 26th?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@yen 

these types of promo's are meant to attract new customers. Just keep watching Announcements in the next coupla weeks to find deals for us existing customers too.

Need Help? Let's chat.