cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no Offers or Promotion for Existing Users?

kmonmoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been using PM for over two years now. In this time, I have seen multiple good offers like 2GB+ for 35$ Plans and such. But all these offers are for new users. What is there for us who follow PM for years? Why don't we have any good offers or promotions like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mimmo
Oracle
Oracle

@kmonmoy  you have rewards.

if you really want the promo port your number out and then port back in.

but to answer your question, its the industry practice entice people to join with a good offer and let them leave if they find a better offer down the road.  basically if they offer you a better deal they are then losing revenue. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

mimmo
Oracle
Oracle

@kmonmoy  you have rewards.

if you really want the promo port your number out and then port back in.

but to answer your question, its the industry practice entice people to join with a good offer and let them leave if they find a better offer down the road.  basically if they offer you a better deal they are then losing revenue. 

View solution in original post

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@kmonmoy : Plans have come and gone but gifts come around on occasion.

z10user4_0-1633235585610.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kmonmoy 

On a regular basis pm does change its regular plan offerings or puts on limited time plan offers available to current customers or will offer targeted text offers. That last of these that I can recall was the $30/2gb plan. There was also the "Quebec" plan of $5 off the $35/2.5gb or the $50/8.5gb plan. They also increased the data in the $35 plan to 3gb and the $50 plan's data to 10.5gb in April. They have also introduced the $70/15.5gb plan for a "limited time" in June of this year.

There will always be enticement for new customers if they are really attractive you can always activate a new account. I've done so on a really attractive offer that I use for extra data when needed and suspend for 90 days when not needed.

Loyal customers reap the benefits of accumulated rewards and freebie gifts like the "more the merrier" campaign the last 2 holiday seasons that gave away free data and international minute add ons.

CountyDownIeUk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

@kmonmoy : Plans have come and gone but gifts come around on occasion.

z10user4_0-1633235585610.png

@z10user4  Atta boy! But you are supposed to “USE THEM”

Me too, most UNused. 

@kmonmoy Wait for a fierce competitor that can take business away from PM AND wait for 1 or 2 weeks before December 25. 

@CountyDownIeUk : This is my "main" account. My "data" account is well down most of these data items. My "dormant" account is getting down too. There will come a day when I'll have these extra accounts with nothing to keep them for other than the $10 plans. The extra 50 texts are kinda handy though but there are other options.

Data: last half of the last gift and some still left of the original promo data that I started the account for

z10user4_0-1634957051246.png

Dormant: it looks like I'm currently chewing on the summer 5gb we got out west. But this account goes a lot slower as I only use it every 4 months for a month. I'm not entirely certain I picked up all the gifts on this account either.

z10user4_1-1634957182694.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kmonmoy wrote:

I have been using PM for over two years now. In this time, I have seen multiple good offers like 2GB+ for 35$ Plans and such. But all these offers are for new users. What is there for us who follow PM for years? Why don't we have any good offers or promotions like that?

As others have shown you about the PM gifts that have been given away, I am just wondering if you know of other providers that offer promos to existing customers?  Before PM I never had a carrier call me up or email me saying they had a better plan for me that would either save me money or give me more data for the same amount.  

Edited to add:  This is my promo from PM for being an existing customer

ShawnC13_0-1634960384979.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The benefit with Public Mobile is no surprise overage charges, grandfathered plans, and unbeatable reward system.  I am looking forward to maxing out the loyalty reward on the next renewal.  If I need more data, there's always SIM 2. 

@will13am wrote:

If I need more data, there's always SIM 2. 

lol I do it the other way around. I use SIM 2 as my data. I've set SIM 1 to do just MMS and haven't used its data for quite some time.

CountyDownIeUk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok ok what does Sim 2 mean?

Need Help? Let's chat.