cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why lose it if you don't use it ??

petey99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey All,

I recently switched over to PM and since times are a bit tough these days, I signed on to PM's lowest priced package which only comes with 4GB of data.

Now this 4GB is typically more than enough for me as I am usually connected to WiFi pretty much the whole day, most days and I usually don't exceed 3 GB of data in a typical month, giving me about 1 GB of buffer.

It would be nice however if we can rollover the unused data into the next months, like this we can have a little more piece of mind and be able to use the extra data if really needed.

It's not like we're not paying for this data anyways, so why not have it rolled over.

How do we go about getting PM to look into this and perhaps change their plan such that we can rollover our unused data.

10 REPLIES 10

cbPM51
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I use fast.com    or telus speedone   and get identical data.

However with each speed increase the UPLOAD DATA increased .

Speed tests cost about 110mbs per test. 

USER BEWARE.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks. I have the app and I usually find it more frustrating to use than the browser.

Anyways, my only point was that PM used to be insanely great with their rewards program, seasonal bonuses/freebies, roll-over add-ons, etc. Not so much now, but my family is still happy that we switched from Telus/Koodo years ago.

@funpig1 

if you are using a browser, try using Incognito mode, also try using the PM app and see if you see the data add-on you want.  

On the other hand, if you are already using app, try using browser and Incognito mode

funpig1

@Handy1 

Thanks. When I opened the add-ons page which I have not looked at in years, i could only get the US roaming package, no data add-ons. Maybe my PM website is acting up.  The website often takes a long time to load.

@funpig1  PM still has data add ons , there in subscription add on page . And worst part is they now expire 30 days after purchase 

Handy1_0-1704849681544.png

funpig1

As an additional side note, I used to be very stingy with my data usage and survived on the 1GB monthly quota by relying on available Wi-Fi.  The funny thing is now that I have upgraded to the $29 30GB plan, I burned through almost 1GB of data in a few hours, mostly using speed test to see how fast (or slow) is my 4G. Data is like crack cocaine; it is very addictive.

funpig1

I was on a $25 1GB 3G plan for years. (Today, I upgraded to the $29 30GB 4G plan).

I was going to suggest that you purchase an add-on of data.

However, when I took a look in my account, unfortunately, PM no longer offers the data add-on.

I'm still sitting on 6 GB of data add-ons (and several hundred minutes of talk and long distance) which I had received in bonuses from PM in the past. The beauty of these old legacy add-ons is that they continue to roll over to the next month if you don't use them. Sorry, I wasn't any help. This is more of an FYI of how PM used to work in the past.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@petey99  You can ask support if you can change to then30GB for $29 plan to give you more of a data buffer . Other existing customers have confirmed getting this plan just by asking 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That's a good idea👍. Koodo recently has this as an extra 'perk' that you can choose from.

Send a message to Public Mobiles agents and ask them to pass it on to management for consideration. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @petey99 

sorry, no roll over data here  😞

some higher price plan has 90 days option (sorry, not the lower priced one), with 90 days, they give you all 90 days data, so it is kinda like roll over

Need Help? Let's chat.