cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't customer service up to date?

soyaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't received the SIM card. I keep getting told by reps here to buy a one at a kiosk and to request for reimbursement. I've been to two kiosks (Koodo, Telus), and both were  confident that Public Mobile no longer sells SIMS physically in stores (I'm in Toronto). The site here keeps saying that they do (Google maps says some are even closed down). The reps here that have gotten back to me insist that I buy it at a kiosk. 

It looks like Public Mobile ate my money. This is way too much effort to sign upm 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@soyaa - yeah that sucks if you cannot pick one up at a store. But for sure call somewhere to ensure they have some prior to going in. You're right CSA should be able to tell you the exact location near you that have SIM cards available.

You could ask them to mail you another one. I've ordered online with Public Mobile a few times. Usually come in within 10 days. But if it doesn't, I ask to resend it, then one arrives within the period expected. It would not hurt to keep extras on hand. I have a few, i'd often you one if you were in my area. Other public customers many have extras too, if you know of someone with a Public Mobile phone number/account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@soyaa   you can ask support if you can get it from Amazon instead and get the reimbursement.  

@soyaa wrote:

It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't received the SIM card. I keep getting told by reps here to buy a one at a kiosk and to request for reimbursement. I've been to two kiosks (Koodo, Telus), and both were  confident that Public Mobile no longer sells SIMS physically in stores (I'm in Toronto). The site here keeps saying that they do (Google maps says some are even closed down). The reps here that have gotten back to me insist that I buy it at a kiosk.

By just looking at the store's signage, it can be difficult (if not impossible to tell if the store a franchised Telus location). Often, you'd have to ask to know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought mine at a Telus store in the mall in Vancouver just 2 weeks ago.

You can also get them on Amazon.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What they may have neglected to say was to find a corporate store.

https://publicmobile.ca/pick-up-SIM

Interesting that the usual footer is no longer at the bottom of the page here.

Need Help? Let's chat.