cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this so hard? Logging in when you don't have access to your number?

MattG28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I left my sim card in the UK and upon arriving back to Canada two weeks ago, thought, I know, I'll just buy one from Public. Log into my account and everything will be sorted no problem...

First off, the card takes two weeks to arrive. Should have just had the old one sent from the UK (dammed if you do etc).

Second, whose bright idea was it to have access to your account run solely through sms verification? 

Why is it impossible to actually talk to someone on this site? Even the chat is a kafkaesque maze of options, none of which helped. I'm in IT and I can't even work out how to create a ticket? God knows how anyone else is managing. 

I'm just generally really fed up with this service. I've normally been a massive advocate for Public but this whole change is a mess and really putting me off. 

How can I talk to someone? How can I get the new sim changed to my original number? How can I access my account with no phone number?

5 REPLIES 5

@MattG28 wrote:

Okay I will do this now.

Is there any other way to open a ticket? 

Because creating a burner account, going to community and writing a post seems the most absurd way to get support I've ever seen...

@MattG28 - Only through a Community account is support provided.

There are 2 ways to submit a ticket: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

but the private message method (included in the above link as well as provided by @softech ) may be your easiest method until Public Mobile 'fixes' the new fixes...:/

MattG28

Okay I will do this now.

Is there any other way to open a ticket? 

Because creating a burner account, going to community and writing a post seems the most absurd way to get support I've ever seen...

MattG28

This is what I get when I hit resend code...

Capture1.PNG

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MattG28   with this new My Account, you have to first setup the new EverSafe ID, which need SMS verification to confirm they link the correct number.   Once that is setup, you can choose to receive email 2FA instead

Understand you likley not setup EverSafe yet, so, you will need to open ticket with support.  Please message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You have a right to be upset and frustrated. Public mobile rollout of this new system leaves a lot to be desired. When setting up the new login process, you can request an alternate means of verification to email as opposed to SMS. Try that by tapping, resend code, and the option should be made available

Need Help? Let's chat.