cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is help so hard to get on here?

Peppertime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you send a ticket asking for help...why do I get so many ppl telling you they'll help then asking g you to verify ur acct  then asking the issue you're having  n when u reply....they disappear..... this keeps repeating n repeating..  one guy is persistent  hes msged me 3 times n done the same each time.  HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY GEY HELP.ON HERE   it feels like 1 big scam...😡🤢😔

9 REPLIES 9

Peppertime

Ty to ev'one.  My prob is still not resolved but I accept this 'solution' -  along with other replies because I dont have time to spend hours/days on here waiting for CSA's to keep asking me if they can help me but never do...  .

(&  PM  wont let me 'accept' more then 1 ) 

The CSAs work out of a call center.

They pick a ticket from top of the queue, ask scripted questions to get info, then move the ticket towards the correct answer box or back onto the queue for the next available CSA to pickup. They have a lousy job, gotta keep pushing numbers and meeting quotas without rest. Public Mobile (Telus) "optimizes" their workflow to make sure everybody stays busy and that customers have a (theoretical) maximum wait time for ticket resolution.

It is not like a store or office where you and one agent interact face-to-face across a desk or counter until problems are solved.

Yes, it is frustrating and it sucks. We get the "no frills" we pay for. Your only options are to patiently work within the system or to go somewhere else where they have a better/faster system. I personally prefer to wait for an email or private message instead of waiting in line in some obnoxious store, it's wasted time either way but at least this way I'm not pinned down and I can do other useful stuff while I wait. But it's not the best choice for everybody.

Peppertime

Ty it helps some  .. I dont understand this part : ,if a CSA is helping u with an issue and u answer n tell them what the issue is...then they co.e bs k n say they need to see ur data usage page etc and asks u to send a screenshot of said data usage page  n you sent it...then u dont hear back from them again..??  But someone else  ( a CSA) pops up asking you if they can have you're information b4 they can help you    .......I have about 19  mags fro. CSA's asking me what my problem.is  and a few came back 2 or 3 times n asked again  but didnt finish the convo with me the 1st time..    it's like  you need to wait for them to answer n return to the convo   but they wont wait for me to return to the convo...they're just gone... I work as well n I can't b on my phone all day waiting for them.to may me again...  anytime I ask a question   it's in the evening when I'm.home.. I never get a return answer till I'm.at work the next day.. so frustrating trying to have a convo when they keep .leaving n then u hafta  explain everything over again to someone else.... it's the never ending waiting  for help.   

Peppertime

Thank you... I have gone there I  know what it used ..I just want to know why its using it n where do I go to stop it...?   Setting somewhere?  My battery is also dying fast cause something is using it up but I.cant find out what ...  

@Peppertime are you on Android?  you can track back your data usage from your device's Mobile data usage page.   That can confirm how much data used

@Peppertime 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortunately, the interactions with customer service agents is not live, immediate responses.  Different CSAs will respond at different times depending on their work queue.  CSA do need to verify account ownership before they can help with anybody's question especially if you private message the team, instead of submitting a service ticket.  

As for data usage, with the new My account page, the data usage seems to be summarized to one to two entries per day.  Again, not specific times when you used up data.  For example, my data usage entry points area always late in the evening, when I am always at home.  Not sure if that helps understand your situation.  

Peppertime

My issue is:

My data is being used up when I leave my home. even tho I have it turned off and the data saver is on....  would be great to know how to fix that but I also need the answer to my question I've posted here..and to be honest I've just about had it with PM 😔

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

help is easy.  Community is great. you just need to post your question here

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Peppertime   What exactly is the problem? do you mind to share?  Maybe we can help?

Need Help? Let's chat.