cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is a community account necessary for account details?

manwar4891
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to port out but in order to do this, I need my account number and be certain auto-payments are turned off. Why is this so hard to do and why is this done by setting up a community account?

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@manwar4891 

If you want to completely remove your credit card information from public mobiles systems, then yes, you will need to create a community account (which you did under msnwat489) and place a service ticket to the customer support agents through that Community account.

If toggling off auto pay is sufficient for you, follow the advice above by other users.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@manwar4891 wrote:

I want to port out but in order to do this, I need my account number and be certain auto-payments are turned off. Why is this so hard to do and why is this done by setting up a community account?

@manwar4891  - My Account/My Rewards and Community are two separate login credentials. 

My Account/My Rewards is for managing your current Public Mobile self serve options.

Community is how you receive support, either by other customers like yourself here on the Community or submitting a ticket with Public Mobile customer support (CSA) (methods provided by @softech ).

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

***I want to port out but in order to do this, I need my account number and be certain auto-payments are turned off. Why is this so hard to do and why is this done by setting up a community account?***

Shouldnt need to do that

you should be able to find your account number in the Profile tab

to disable auto payments go to the payments tab, click on manage payment method, in the credit card update section uncheck the checkbox on the right hand side, confirm you want to discontinue autopay

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@manwar4891 @You just need your account number and for your pm account to be active , once port is complete it will automatically close out your pm account … but you need your new provider to start the port leaving pm SIM card in phone until you receive a confirmation text from pm to port @ that point you have 90mins to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@manwar4891 you actually don't need the Community account if you can login to My Account.  Account number is on the Profile page.  And you can disable Autopay on Payment page

just in case you need to reset your My account login , then you need your Community account to open ticket with PM support to reset password

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@manwar4891 

Just login to your self service account using a browser in incognito or private mode first.

Then disable auto pay and then get your account number, so you can port out.

You don't get your account number from the community account.

You have to login to your self service account, instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.