cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why incoming call consumed my minutes?

lilian_liang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Folks,

I am using the most basic plan which is $15 per month with 100 air minutes and unlimited incoming minutes.

I forwarded my work cell to this number so I assume whenever there's someone calling my work cell - which will be transferred to this number - will be considered as an incoming call.

But today I answered a call from someone for about an hour and it consumed all of my air minutes!!!!!!!

@CS 
How come? It's receiving calls forwarded from another number but NOT calling out!

Can someone explain this?

Many thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@lilian_liang wrote:

I am using the most basic plan which is $15 per month with 100 air minutes and unlimited incoming minutes.

As others have mentioned, there was an "older" version of the $15 plan from 2019 that didn't include unlimited incoming calls.

Log into your selfserve portal, and click "Plan Details". Here is what mine says, that doesinclude unlimited incoming calls. If yours shows any different, you just need to schedule a plan-change to the currently offered $15 plan.

My Plan

This plan includes:

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
$15 per 30 Days

@0PX9O4 wrote:

@lilian_liang 

When you forward a call, it is your phone calling out to the forwarded number, in addition to receiving the call from the original caller. I'm sorry to hear that you assumed there would be no outgoing component if all your calls were being forwarded.

This matter has been discussed several times previously on this community.

A call being forwarded to a Public Mobile phone number is still an incoming call.  It would only being an outgoing call for the person/phone number/plan that is doing the actual forwarding.

@lilian_liang 

Is your Public Mobile phone number the one that is being forwarded to?  You would only be using outgoing minutes if you're forwarding from a Public Mobile phone number to another number (and only for that line/plan).  For the eventual destination phone number/plan, where the call originates from is irrelevant.  I do wonder about the mentioend possibilityy of being on an older version of a $15 plan that doesn't include incoming calls.  Based on how you said that you're forwarding from another number to your Public Mobile service, your chosen solution isn't correct and I have made an adjustment to that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Not until the OP can confirm their Plan Details. The OP is satisfied as it stands.

Yes, Look like @0PX9O4  was as wrong as me, maybe he can make the update like I did ?

hope @lilian_liang  could come back and reverse the selection or Oracle could help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Yet the solution still stands. Maybe we're all misunderstanding except OPX904 and the OP.

Oops. Sorry @Anonymous   I read it the wrong way.  I though OP forwarded PM phone to his work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : The OP did say unlimited incoming. That might be an assumption based on what it is now. @lilian_liang : Click on Plan Details and report what all is listed.

I also think the other answers are missing something. Being on the old $15 plan is a plausible reason.

Edit: I also miss the little pop-up just to get a quick peak at the user.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian_liang 

can you check it out your plan information as mentioned above by @darlicious 

maybe you have a old plan for that issue you facing, then is take your minutes..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lilian_liang 

Two wrongs don't necessarily make a right answer.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@lilian_liang 

I don't think your solution is correct per se....call forwarding your work phone (is your work phone a pm phone too on the same plan?) to your pm phone would not use outgoing minutes on your pm phone. Nor does call forwarding your pm phone in most circumstances. But I do see when you joined pm was in the spring of 2019 when the original $15 plan had 100 incoming and outgoing minutes. If you have never scheduled a change plan on next renewal to the updated version of the $15 plan this could be the reason your plan minutes were used up.

@Anonymous 

You can correct me if I have this wrong?!!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

lilian_liang

To be honest I don't know either, but if every carrier is doing the same then I accept that, that's it.

There's always something we cannot understand but have to accept and I guess this one of them. LOL

have a good night everyone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian_liang 

this is strange when you do forwarded call from your office number to your public mobile number

is will be only an incoming call. not take your minutes plan, something wrong!!

but here a note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

if you forwarding your public mobile number the calls will use plan minutes.

Limited Talk & Text Plans (publicmobile.ca)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@0PX9O4 wrote:

@lilian_liang 

When you forward a call, it is your phone calling out to the forwarded number

Interesting... could you please elaborate a little bit Why incoming call from other number forwarded to this one is considered outbound call and uses minutes????

lilian_liang

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have my work cell in use so I am fine with no minutes left for my private plan.

Just couldn't understand the way like this but it's okay I can accept that and will keep in mind LOL

I just hope my phone protector can arrive a little earlier so that I can put my work cell in daily use asap.

Thanks a lot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : Really? I didn't know the system would distinguish an inbound call as having been forwarded from somewhere. I would have thought it would just be another inbound call.

Colour me skeptical.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @lilian_liang , all the best!

lilian_liang

Okay, I accepted that. Thanks!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @lilian_liang  

Yes, answer forwarded calls will cost you minutes.  All providers are like this for limited minute package

You might want to buy the $5 Canada wide minute to use for now

Sorry, i misread and through the forward is the other way.  Just ignore.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lilian_liang 

When you forward a call, it is your phone calling out to the forwarded number, in addition to receiving the call from the original caller. I'm sorry to hear that you assumed there would be no outgoing component if all your calls were being forwarded.

This matter has been discussed several times previously on this community.

Need Help? Let's chat.