cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why eassy when complicated is much more interesting and time consuming?

bosko_banana_an
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have nothing else to do but to be dedicated to solve the publicmobile puzzles?

It happened so many times. This time is the Harry Potter story:

I needed new phone. I found one. I needed publicmobile micro card. I oredered and got one.

I was instructed to go to site Activate.publicmobile.ca.  Then I was faced with godzillion of questions. all of them private and now I can feel secure??? OK... I follow the questions and I was stack

with ingenious KNOT:

I have a public mobile phone number. Account is paid for this month. I enter a new SIM card number

and in step 5-Phone number I click on radio button :::

Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider (including your previous Public Mobile service)...

I entered existing phone number and:

Oh, God, Oh Allmighty haven??? I got this:::Sorry, the number you entered is invalid. Please ensure you have entered the number correctly. If you continue to receive this message, please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca. Please enter a phone number or do the eligibility check.

Is this possible??? I am Puzzled, I did all correctly and I cannot use my already paid service???

Thanks God I have to writte to the Community and not to the Inventor of the puzzle at Publicmobile that

should be responsible for this outcome??? What kind of 21th century's innovation is this? Is the Community supposed to know and solve technical mistakes of the Company,,, and do it for free?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I I hope that you followed Mansi's advice, including Griff's suggestion, and that your problem has now been resolved.

Cheers.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @bosko_banana_an - Good to see that so many users tried helping you solve the issue. And reading this thread, I realized that the answer is hidden in the question itself. Reason why you got this error message "Sorry, the number you entered is invalid" on Step 5 of activation portal is that this number already exists at Public Mobile.

Please follow the thread that @Griff mentioned in his post above to be able to replace SIM in your Self Serve account. For any reason, if you can't access your Self Serve account, please email us by visiting Contact Us webpage and click on Email Away on the botton right corner. 

Martin
Legend
Legend

Deleted by Martin.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@bosko_banana_an If you have a active Public Mobile phone number and you want to change or swap your SIM card you dont have to go thru activation process. All you have to do is login to self serve account and change your SIM card thru there. Please follow instructions on this article to change SIM card

If your Public Mobile account is terminated please activate a new account please remeber if the account was terminated for non payment you wont be able to activate a same number and have to chose a new phone number. 

hope this answers your question and Harry Potter story is solved.

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Which relative of makkahn28 are you?

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @bosko_banana_an

The steps you were describing were for starting a new account with Public Mobile. (Activate.publicmobile.ca)

If you want to switch service to an existing phone number you can follow these steps;
How do I replace the existing SIM with the new SIM on my account?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

As you know, Public Mobile is in Beta, which is synonymous with unexpected problems. It appears that you encountered one.

You can always restart the process. If you do so, enter an alternate phone number where you can be contacted or messages left UNLESS it is asking for your current PM phone number. Please bear in mind that the servers are quirky, and your attempt to register and activate service may occur, on the second attempt, without any error messages.

If you prefer not to try, or are unsuccessful again, contact PM by web mail. Click Contact Us on this site's home page. Another page will open with Email Away on it. Click that. Another page will open with radio buttons on it. Select the buttons that pertain to your situation, and a web form will be displayed. Complete the web form, including an alternate phone number, and submit it to Public Mobile. In approximately 2 or 3 business days, a representative should contact you.

Though you have yet to complete the activation process, welcome to Public Mobile!
Need Help? Let's chat.