cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my due date change?

angieheart7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with public mobile in June on the 22nd. And I have always paid my bill on time. Except for today, they suspended my account because I haven’t made a payment and I thought I had plenty of time to pay it. Then I go in self serve they changed the due date to October 19. Why the change?! I was comfortable with the due date being the 22nd! What gives? 

5 REPLIES 5

I see everyone is using my latest explanation of 30 vs monthly.

I made a mistake - The month following a month with 31 days, will renew a day earlier.  A month following a day with 30 days will renew on the same day, and a month following February (it's always March 😉 ) will renew 2 or 3 days later, depending on the year.

Sorry I made the mistake in my post very early this morning.  I hope this helps 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

It's 30 cycles not monthly. Some months have 29 days some 31. 

@mimmo actually--ALL months but February [on non-leap years] have 29 days.  Some just have 1 or 2 more.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@angieheart7 wrote:

I signed up with public mobile in June on the 22nd. And I have always paid my bill on time. Except for today, they suspended my account because I haven’t made a payment and I thought I had plenty of time to pay it. Then I go in self serve they changed the due date to October 19. Why the change?! I was comfortable with the due date being the 22nd! What gives? 

PM plan renewal is every 30 days - not by month.  For the months with 31 days, your renewal date will move up 1 day earlier.

What is the payment due date on your overview page after login to your account?

That is the last day to put the moneyin your account.  The actual renewal is done during the morning hours(around 2 am of next day.

angieheart7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That makes sense, thanks 

mimmo

It's 30 cycles not monthly. Some months have 29 days some 31. 

Edit: all months have 29 thanks @srlawren 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.