cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t we port our number to a new account?

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Eliminating the dollar rewards and auto pay reward etc is bad. But what’s a real slap on the face is dangling new plans in our faces and only offering them to new accounts.  —- but wait —- as if the slap on our faces is the end of it . No there’s more —- even if we choose to abandon our existing accounts and activate a new account they won’t allow us to port to it our existing phone numbers. 

What could possibly be the reason that PM  won’t even allow us to port our existing plan numbers to a brand new PM account. 

8 REPLIES 8

@ATHENS something is better than nothing.

As per the response below, I noticed that you had asked a question earlier and the post was removed regarding your rewards for May. I haven't been transitioned yet, but others say your referrals will show up 48 hours after renewal. 

If you don't see them yet, it could be because the account is suspended?  I recall reading something about accounts must be active to get any rewards or points.

Maybe 3 days prior to next renewal,  unsuspend to see what will happen?

Or you could wait until just before the 90 expires. 

Hi @ATHENS 

since you are putting your account in suspended mode and you will only see rewards points after renewal, you won't see them until you resume your service.

ATHENS

I hope so — As I mentioned in previous posts — I have already opened up a new bell account and put my PM  account to sleep for the up to 90 day period .  As much as I’m disappointed with the loss of my monthly dollar discounts the points is still better than nothing. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ATHENS from all the search I did through previous posts, they don't allow this. No explanation was ever given; just told not allowed.

From observations of these plans over the last few months, eventually all plans were opened to everyone. 

So, if that remains true, pretty soon that new activation plan only currently been offered will open up to you.

🤞

ATHENS

Sorry but will have to disagree that this is an industry standard. PM does allow self selecting and choosing new phone numbers and also retaining one’s number when choosing a new plan. Their only exclusions are if one selects a plan marked for “new members only”.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Like other mobile companies. Public mobile does not allow porting from one PM account to another. 

If you really want this plan, you can port out to another mobile company and then port back to the new PM account.  There is additional costs such as physical SIM card and the first month with new company.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ATHENS 

PM stopped swapping accounts for long time

New activation only plans are really for new activations only.  This is a common marketing technique in this business, not something unique to PM

if you like the new plan, you can choose to port out your number to another provider, wait couple days, and activate a new account to port back in.  Remember to use a friend code  from your other family accounts to save $10

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ATHENS - It is quite indeed weird. Like it may be time to change that PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.