cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't PM have a live chat where we wait in a queue like other providers?

Jerome1958
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sending a private message or opening a ticket and twiddling your thumbs waiting for an answer, not knowing if it'll be in a few minutes, few hours, or few days is extremely frustrating when you have a pertinent issue going on like inability to activate, or service disruption, etc. I understand that it takes time for an agent to respond, but at least if there was a formal chat system that said "You will be waiting [X-time] for an agent, you are the 15th in line" or something, that would be much better.

For less urgent issues like billing questions, I am fine with the current system. But what about urgent enquiries?? Especially with no phone contact option, the current method is very much less than desirable.

8 REPLIES 8

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sansan wrote:

You are definitely correct. I also wish there was a phone number that you can call for live help with questions. 

I agree.  There should be at least the ability to schedule a call-back from a person/agent just like with Koodo.  In fact, Bell's flanker brand LuckyMobile has vastly superior methods to get help.  Hopefully PM/Telus takes note and steps up their game...

Luckycontact.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Let me put it into perspective for you @Jerome1958 

For years, they boasted about their SIMon chatbot system (the little icon lower right) which was the preferred method for submitting a service ticket.

Then, earlier this year, they implemented a new system, which made the infamous SIMon chatbot useless for submitting tickets.

Alas, members have to now private message the customer support agents to initiate contact with public mobile staff.   This option was scorned forever previously by Oracles (edit: a couple, not all😉) and PM Staff as the non-preferred method to reach them.

Now, it's the standard.

In that case, they've gone backwards, not forward.

We've been asking for months for them to remedy this - yet it's still an issue.

The old ad that was used around here never rings truer:

HALIMACS_0-1701535862115.png

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You are definitely correct. I also wish there was a phone number that you can call for live help with questions. 

Unfortunately, is all know there is not. This is the first thing that is mentioned on their website when you visit. So everyone is aware and informed upfront. Knowing that, it is our choice to then make whether we proceed or not. 

That being said, we're you able to resolve your concerns?

I know what it's called @Jerome1958 

There are MUCH smaller things around here which needs fixing, and they get fixed sometimes. 

When they do, it takes years for the change to occur.

The change you're proposing is vastly different and, as I offered before, will not likely EVER occur with this 3rd tier service provider.

Good to dream though!

Jerome1958

I did research it, it's called requesting a reasonable change in their practices.

Jerome1958

Online doesn't mean they can't have a chat queue.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Indeed @Jerome1958 

Good thing you researched this before moving to this provider.

Sadly, it'll never change from the current model.

For that, try Koodo or TELUS.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jerome1958  pm support is all online unlike the other carriers. It’s how they are able to offer such low cost plans unlike the rest 

Need Help? Let's chat.