cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I add fund when account suspended?

Rgnar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This has to be a joke. My account got suspended because my auto-pay didn't go through do to a new credit card with a new expiry date was sent to me. I had forgotten to update the info, but now it seems that probably wasn't even possible without a service interruption even if I did remember to update.

However, now I'm unable to add funds to active my account, because public mobile won't recognize my Visa card, even though I added in the new card with the new expiry dates. I asked for some help and was directed to a dodgy third party site called "recharge.com" to buy minutes, which honestly seems like a scam, and it will apparently take 48 hours for the public mobile "financial department" to check my Visa card details.

Why can't I just add funds on the public mobile website?

I mean, how convoluted can you possibly get?

10 REPLIES 10

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rgnar   You should still be able to dial 611 on your phone even if your account is suspended (I'm pretty sure) as it can be used to load funds from a voucher or CC (if you know your 4 digit PIN) to reactivate a suspended account.

BTW, Don't leave a space when entering the postal code when you enter the CC details.

@Rgnar your frustration is understandable. 

It is annoying when something you think should be so straight forward, simply is not. 

Rgnar

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I apologize for speaking in circles, as I am very frustrated with the situation and the missed calls I was informed I haven't recieved all day. 

@Rgnar  - oh gezz, you are circling back to where you already were.

Hopefully, it takes less than 48 hours.

Have you tried your card many times recently? That temporary fraud lock from too many failed attempts should go away after an hour or so.

When you try again after waiting a bit, log int, then remove your card completely. Add it back in again.

Ensure your address matches your card billing address. Do not use any unit #'s in the address field, use all caps in postal code.

Maybe you can get this account active before a CSA can!

Then manually add the amount, or more, owning. And reactivate. 🤞

Rgnar

The card is registered on the system now?

Yes but I still can't make a payment because it says the card isn't verified.

Can you use the other option for payment type rather than amount due?

No, that doesn't work.

Do you know your 4 digit pin? You could also use the 611 system to pay.

recharge.com is legit.

No, I can't call 611 because I have no service. I'm using wifi right now. 

I mean, I'm not the more important guy, but I need my phone to call people and stuff throughout the day, and this is some serious convoluted  BS.

Rgnar

I used the robot. It directed me to a CSA. Buddy who contacted me said it will take 48 hours to get my card verified by the financial team, and I was then directed to purchase minutes from "recharge.com"

It's like I'm sorry dude, but I'm not going to buy some minutes off some dodgy 3rd party website when that is something that should be able to be done on the public mobile site, and even then who knows if my account will even be unlocked in 48hours or less or some other thing won't work on the site. 

Like what kind of company actively makes it difficult to give them money to use their service?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The card is registered on the system now? Can you use the other option for payment type rather than amount due?

Do you know your 4 digit pin? You could also use the 611 system to pay.

recharge.com is legit.

Rgnar

That doesn't work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rgnar  - seems you been trying this for a while.

There are some tricks to help get through these finicky issues. But if you have had enough troubleshooting, ask CSA for help.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You can try to make a manual payment for the amount owed by going to other in the payment section. That works for many.

Need Help? Let's chat.