cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not receiving some of my text messages?

Shelleynleg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up from Rogers to public mobile yesterday, and I have had nothing but problems since. I removed the Rogers Sim card but I do not think the eSIM is properly installed. I finally started receiving phone calls but now I am only getting some texts. Only if I message someone first will I get a text back. People have been texting me and they do not go through. They show green and undelivered, can anyone help me put my phone settings back to the way they were when I was with Rogers because somehow public mobile switched everything 

5 REPLIES 5

@Shelleynleg  Go to Settings -> Messages - Send and Receive (right under the toggle for iMessage).  Make sure the send and receive numbers/email addresses are right.  

Shelleynleg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m not sure what the settings are even supposed to say 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Shelleynleg   Have you checked your iMessage settings to make sure the send and receive options are correct?  Maybe try turning iMessage off wait several minutes and then turn it back on (this is assuming you replied to the Rogers text with YES within 90 minutes)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Shelleynleg if the text you cannot receive are 2FA type of text, it is normal for them to start coming after couple days.  Some businesses like banks put the delay to avoid sim fraud

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Shelleynleg 
Likely the port had some problems. I will message you the phone number, call them and check the status of your port.

Need Help? Let's chat.