cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not getting decent service in my area.

Samito
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have been a loyal customer for years with public mobile and never had any connectivity issues until the last few months.  I am having some real problem when I am on a phone call with anyone. When I'm just sitting still in my home and talking to a friend, all of a sudden they can't hear me talking to them but I can hear them clearly. This happens on every phone call and I have to move around the house to find a point where in which they can her me and in ever situation I have to go outside for them to hear me. On more than a few occasions people can't hear me even outside. I thought it was my phone and changed it to a new one and still the same thing. Can anyone please explain to me why this is happening now all of a sudden.  I am very frustrated and am at the end of my rope having to deal with this issue. Can someone please give me a reason for this annoying and very disturbing problem or I will have no choice than  to look at another provider becasue I am losing calls and business because my clients and friends can't hear me on their end. Before you ask I live in Waterdown, Ontario and this issue only happens when i'm there and anywhere else I am this doesn't happen.  I don't know if this may be the reason but since you changed to 5G, I have had more and more issues in my area.

3 REPLIES 3

publicler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Depends on the area. I'm in core Vancouver but still have bad reception in my apartment. The workaround is to use WiFi calling but Public Mobile doesn't allow this. I use facetime audio a lot.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Samito 

There could be a number of outlining issues. But one of them has been several complaints here on the forum about dropped calls. Best advice I can give is to contact a customer service agent and file your concerns as they may do a network reset on their end for you.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715561950161.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Samito 

it didn't happen anywhere else other than Waterdown, maybe it is a network problem

try change network mode to 3G

but i still suggest to let CS agent aware and ask them to escalate to Telus technician.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.