cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting a false data warning message?

DaveT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text saying I am 75% through my data which is confusing how much I really have left. This table is what my self serve says I have used:

NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1 GB of data at 3G Speed1024709.729314.272Active
1GB Promo1024542.787481.213Active
4GB one-time data bonus40963104.780991.220Active

So according to this it looks like I still have almost 1800MB remaining. Does that seem right? If this is the case, then I should not have anything to worry about! However last month my data slowed down or basically stopped working in my last day or two so something seems funny here. Also I set my phone to measure data based on my billing cycle and it says I have only used 651MB - I don't get how they could measure that I used so much more than what my phone measures! Doesn't seem right. 

7 REPLIES 7

DaveT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

@Anonymous   ok, will keep that in mind. thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : I disagree. Please don't report me for tagging and calling you out like some people like to do. 🙂

The warnings are on the gross available data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT   the 75% data used is regarding your monthly data bucket, does not take into consideration of your promo bonus

However, yours monthly is still 30% left..

...and this text is not very accurate.  Not sure why, many people mentioned the error before but PM has not fixed the glitch still

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DaveT 

Oh, you've discovered another Public Mobile glitch!  We see this happen from time to time, so I wouldn't worry about it.

How much data do you get as part of your normal Plan every cycle?  It's possible that you've used ~75% of your "normal" data (ignoring Add-Ons/Bonuses) and that triggered the warning.

Regardless, if you've checked your Self Serve account and everything looks good, then just ignore the text... it happens!  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveT : Your remaining data is 75% of your total data. When your plan data resets at renewal then it won't be 75% anymore.

@DaveT wrote:

I received a text saying I am 75% through my data which is confusing how much I really have left. This table is what my self serve says I have used:

NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1 GB of data at 3G Speed1024709.729314.272Active
1GB Promo1024542.787481.213Active
4GB one-time data bonus40963104.780991.220Active

So according to this it looks like I still have almost 1800MB remaining. Does that seem right? If this is the case, then I should not have anything to worry about! However last month my data slowed down or basically stopped working in my last day or two so something seems funny here. Also I set my phone to measure data based on my billing cycle and it says I have only used 651MB - I don't get how they could measure that I used so much more than what my phone measures! Doesn't seem right. 

Ignore the erroneous text message.  The Public Mobile systems, when it comes to your ability to use the service, go by the same infformationm that your Self Serve account shows.

Need Help? Let's chat.