cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I charged for a reward?

MichaelnMary
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just transferred to Public Mobile and was so excited to see Rewards in my account. Clicked the reward once and found it was still available so clicked it again. It now shows a $5 fee for purchased reward. I do not want to be charged. Would you please advise what I should do. Thanks

784B00FE-683A-4D4C-9139-168DD5803D2D.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

MichaelnMary

Thanks. It makes sense. I wanted to thank you ALL in the community for your time and efforts to help me out.

Hey @MichaelnMary Looking at the picture itself, the way I see it, a 250mb data add on was purchased for $5 of your rewards. Then, it was refunded back to you. I see the purchase and then I see the credit adjustment. So you should have a $5 credit on your account or it may have been used to cover $5 worth of your plan cost. Because the credit was used then refunded, the $5 can't go back to your "rewards" section so it just goes as a $5 credit on your account.

MichaelnMary

Thanks! I did use $5 credit from PM to get the add on data. But confused with the $5 for ‘purchase reward…’. It also shows available fund is 0. Will I be charged at the next billing cycle when fund is available? 

MichaelnMary

Yes, there are two activities at 17:17pm. The bottom one was to use $5 credit to get 200mb data. The top one is confusing - if it is reward, why call it ‘purchased reward…’ and cost me $5?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelnMary 

It looks like you redeem $5 in points for 200mb of data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That's not a purchased reward, @MichaelnMary 

That's a reward used to purchase an add-on or an adjustment to one.

It seems like you may have used your Points to make a data add-on purchase recently, perhaps?  Maybe one that Public Mobile reversed for you, or something to that effect?

Need Help? Let's chat.