cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I çall? Account is compromised and my sim card disabled

brad77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Account compromise and sim card disabled and changed assume. No access to account no access to phone/text. 

Need phone number back

22 REPLIES 22

@brad77 

I believe there was another Koodo breach. I'm pretty sure it's a similar issue from feb.2020, account credentials were leaked... it's unfortunate Telus never notifies anybody of this issue. here's what Koodo customers are experiencing. 

https://community.koodomobile.com/prepaid-79951/unauthorized-sim-swap-on-koodo-prepaid-7814679/index...

All PM customers should change their passwords as the system is linked to Koodo. we used to have huge sim jack problems here. it looks like they've come back.

our best defense against this type of attack is to follow these instructions

create an email strictly for public mobile
change your name and address on your self serve account
don't use your personal email password for the pm website
don't use a password manager(chrome, safari, etc. browsers
don't use your cellphone number as a 2fa for banks, PayPal etc

brad77

They got my password And changed my sim to another sim I assume.

And my phone I was using can't even get a cell signal anymore. 1000 dollar brick. They hacked and stole everything. And so far cs hasn't helped 

brad77

They are slow and not helping at all 

Hi @brad77 but why was your account compromised?

just open ticket with CS agent by message, it is easiest and will work 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

brad77

Horrible system doesn't work.

@brad77 

IMMEDIATELY contact your financial institutions and have them hold your accounts due to suspected identity theft.

Utilize another device to log into various important services to hold/temporarily suspend activity on them yourself (presuming you still can and the perpetrator hasn't changed login credentials).

Trust us, your Public Mobile pre-paid service is the least of your concerns if all the above mentioned services are compromised.

To contact a customer support agent here, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brad77 wrote:

Banks etransfers and payments all morning.

Who did that?  You have a much bigger problem than your phone number if your bank account is compromised. You should talk to your financial institution to lock up your account.

@brad77 

Sorry, no phone contact for PM.  all support are online here

get a temporary new email first.  

then message PM support as what I advised above to get back in My Account

brad77

I cant get in self serve

Everything is compromised literally everything.

My sim in disabled

My email is locked and authenticator put on it.

Banks etransfers and payments all morning.

Need phone number back to get emails back and try to sort this out

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brad77  

Calm down and take a deep breath.

What happened?

1. PM Self-Serve was compromised?

2. Email was compromised?

3. Are you using the same password for both accounts?

PM does not have any number to call.  When you signed up, they made it plain and clear - it is supported by online only.  Nothing you can do this moment.  Before you get an answer back from CS Agent, what you should do:

1. Disable your credit card now if you have an auto-pay set up.

2. Recover your email.

You should probably check your other online identities, change passwords if you are sharing password across many accounts.

Hope you will get access to email and PM account quickly.

brad77

Definitely not satisfied with public. Need customer service now.

Can't access any emails or anything they are linked to my phone number for recovery and they are all compromised 

brad77

CSA doesn't work. I pmed twice. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@brad77 

Your only option is to contact a CS_Agent and your CC company to stop all transactions.

brad77

I need help now!!! Why isn't there a phone number this system doesn't work. 

@brad77 

Contact CSA and tell about what happened.  Send them a private message or get a service ticket using the Chat Bot Simon.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is no number to call for support. All support is through personal mail at Community.

Contact agent ASAP.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

brad77

Can't call out they took my account and moved my sim my sim isn't active

brad77

I didn't run out of data.

Everything is compromised.

Banks, emails, sim card everything 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brad77 message PM support and ask them to help suspend the account first.  

Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

also, call you bank and see what you can do before the hacker use your phone to access your bank account 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Dial 611 with your cell phone, to get current status of your account.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@brad77 

Your probably just ran out of data.  Try to login to your website using WiFi instead.

So sorry, there's no phone number to call for help with that. Just try 611 from your mobile and check out account status from there.

If you need more help from PM, either use the Chat Bot Simon and get a service ticket or send private message to CS_Agent

brad77

Also no access to emails

Need Help? Let's chat.