cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While activating new public mobile phone, errored and can't use the sim again

kittybooze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was setting up two phones and managed to get an error on the first that made the sim number show up as invalid when I went to try it again. The account I tried to make doesn't seem to exist either. I also tried to do the second sim number and it started saying invalid. Can I get some help with this?

5 REPLIES 5

@kittybooze 

While you wait out the hour make sure you are fully prepared for your activation. You've already been advised by other members but as a reminder:

1. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in chrome, firefox or safari.
  2. The referral code is entered about halfway down the first activation page.
  3. Write down the email, password, pin#, security question and answer you've chosen. Put these in a safe place that you can access in the future if necessary.
  4. If you are porting in a phone number (other than koodo prepaid or pc mobility), check the box and enter the phone # to be ported, account # and name on account. Alternate phone # is not necessary but you can use any number (?) Or one you can be reached on...work, mom,dad.....koodo prepaid and pc mobility require a temporary # and moderator assistance.
  5. When entering your credit card info copy it directly from your cards billing address. Do not use the apt/unit box if applicable enter the suite # in front of your street address, do not put a space in your postal code. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  6. Choose your plan. There are no promo codes at this time (hardly ever!) Submit payment.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kittybooze wrote:

I was setting up two phones and managed to get an error on the first that made the sim number show up as invalid when I went to try it again. The account I tried to make doesn't seem to exist either. I also tried to do the second sim number and it started saying invalid. Can I get some help with this?

@kittybooze hi the system can be finicky wait an hour as suggested don"t hit your back button or things get messed up also you need a separate email for each account

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kittybooze wrote:

@kittybooze  You need to wait an hour between attempts to avoid the invalid sim error. Also clear you browser's cache restart your device and try the activation using incognito mode. Also make sure that JavaScript is enabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kittybooze 

If the activation errors out then generally you need to wait about an hour to try again. Check your payment method to make sure it didn't go through.

When you try again, use a different browser or clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kittybooze wrote:

@kittybooze hello try the live chat for activations  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Need Help? Let's chat.