cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get sim card?

Rberry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Went to London Drug to get a sim card today but they told me they no longer selling it..  Try another mobile store in the same mall and was told the same thing

where can I get it now?

32 REPLIES 32

@anandmarar wrote:

I am in Chilliwack. Would you kindly spare a sim for me? How and where may I connect with you. Thank You

I can't create any new private message threads for some reason - haven't been able to since they "upgraded" the Community - I think it's a website bug, lol.

Send me a private message and I can reply.

anandmarar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am in Chilliwack. Would you kindly spare a sim for me? How and where may I connect with you. Thank You

Andy

@ShawnC13 

too easy to found it out and make call to any Shell station, and ask them,, them maybe not have yet or sold out. but them have it in store Shell station, and other store station i saw SIM card PM. but as i know them have a limit when them is end not bring any more i don't know why but i read from other Oracle, is no more sell SIM card, just at telus or koodo or in here online and amazon canada.

@Timer wrote:

@Rberry 

they have it at shell, but for a limit they have. 

but you can get it by tomorrow from   SIM card: Amazon.ca

@Timer@Rberry went into a Shell station and asked and the attendant that was working who works at many stations has never seen PM sim cards for sale so you can't say otherwise when this person went and checked.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Rberry wrote:

Thanks @Korth  .  too late, I got mine  🙂

But thanks for offering

Do you want me to leave it in the mail or to take it out? Canada Post will probably be collecting sometime tomorrow.

HI @Rberry   Yes, it's not bad if you have a Telus or Koodo store around.  How much you got it for?  Hopefully it is $10.  Some stores used to inflated the price and I heard some sold for as much as $25.

Lol.  I am thinking I am the oldest guy here! 

I was like that but do a lot of online stuff for banking and bill payments .....not too much for shopping ....maybe once a month. All car trips usually have multiple stops to reduce cost of gas. 

I have  a brother and a friend that  won’t do anything online if money is involved and won’t use an ATM machine. ☹️☹️

@Rberry 

they have it at shell, but for a limit they have. 

but you can get it by tomorrow from   SIM card: Amazon.ca

Rberry

Wow, that is a great community.  So many response.

I ended up getting one from the Telus store around.  Yes, some people suggested getting it online, but I am old generation, nothing better than explore and find it myself. (Don't laugh at me)

Again, thanks everyone for your kind support.  Special thanks to @Korth for offering me a free one!!!

Rberry

@Plan , old generation, still prefer to pick up myself.  

Rberry

Yes @ShawnC13 no sim card in gas station

Rberry

Thanks @Korth  .  too late, I got mine  🙂

But thanks for offering

Rberry

NO @Timer  , the attendant said he works in different Shell location, never heard of them selling sim card.  They do have voucher

Rberry

thanks @CountyDownIeUk   I am old generation, still like to pick it myself. LoL

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Already dropped a PM SIM card into the mail for @Rberry 

It's not going too far, only a few cities away, but it may take a few extra days because Canada Post and long weekends are never a good mix, lol.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rberry  - public mobile sells them online here:https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

They are normally shipped via Canada Post letter mail, so you are at the mercy of this service.

I know sometimes it takes longer for some people, but mine came in 10 days. 

Plus, normally they are $10 with public mobile online, but now they are currently at $5 (not sure for how much longer though).

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very simple - just search EBay - $3 each. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

The new Points aren't as good as old Rewards. But they're still better than the nothing which every other provider sells.

The plans and prices are essentially identical to Koodo and to some of Telus. And to Lucky, Chatr, Virgin, Fido.

But sooner or later PM is going to run a good promo which is better than the others, for a little while at least. I just hope it's not the usual "get it now get it now" rush job because most people are reluctant to leave their existing providers mid-cycle or before contract term - it's not worth their while to get a $20 credit or free month service or handful of GB if it's going to cost them just as much or more to jump ship early - it's definitely not worth their while without being able to break even then get ahead after a few months of Rewards.

PM might still hand out gifts and freebies. Maybe we can get people on before xmas and get them to stick around after xmas if they're happy, lol.

PM is gradually (glacially) expanding and improving long-distance, data, and add-on options. Still behind Lucky, but they're catching up and maybe one day they'll suddenly offer all the same basics as their Telus parent.

My logic is that Koodo and PM are basically interchangeable right now. Koodo sells phone Tabs, PM sells Points. But Telus is going to eventually have to let PM do something else distinctive if they want the brand (and all the brand's subscribers) to remain viable.

At least Self-Serve finally got fixed up. Cosmetically and functionally. That's one less ghetto-looking sketchy thing which scares people off. Let's maybe hope the Community gets a similar upgrade.

@Korth wrote:

I haven't. Because I still have most of the little pile of PM SIM cards I bought when they on sale for $5 each around xmas season - I anticipated a lot of opportunities to score referrals, some sort of killer promo with gifts from PM - I was rudely surprised in subsequent months by PM shoving out an entirely uncompetitive plan lineups, uninspired and unattractive promos, downgraded perks, inflated prices on existing plans, endless stupid surveys, and other unpopular decisions. I don't even point people to PM anymore because they find more than enough negativity to turn away (and make me look bad).

The last time I hunted through all those (and other) locations for a PM SIM card was a few years back. And a few years before that. They never had PM SIM cards available when I needed them - because I wanted to get referrals hooked up with a great promo - which is why I later purchased a pile of spare PM SIM cards for this purpose, lol.

I doubt PM will ever be able to get the small laptop/cellphone repair shops to stop selling their SIM cards, lol. These little businesses probably keep a few SIM cards from each operator on hand (which they bought at regular prices) simply to offer full service and convenience to their customers. Their business model depends on happy customers walking out the door with working devices before the end of the day.

It's nearly impossible to refer customers. The plans (still) aren't that good. The re-introduction of 4g plans helped, but it also caused a confusing mess of too many options  With the way that the prices are currently structred, who's going to take any of the 3g plans priced $40 and over?  - probably almost no one (or just about as many people who buy the $95 plan). Public Mobile is probably the best deal for those who have had years to accumulate rewards, but the hope/dream of achieving a free plan isn't going to attract that many customers without better competitive plans.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Have you asked these places within the past 2 weeks if they still sell Public Mobile SIM cards?.  Other than Telus/Koodo stores,  the other places that you have mentioned are no longer authorized sellers of Public Mobile SIM cards, and as such Public Mobile will no longer be supplying them at wholesale pricing.  Going forwared, retail locations other than Telus/Koodo stores cannot be counted on to have stock of these.

I haven't. Because I still have most of the little pile of PM SIM cards I bought when they on sale for $5 each around xmas season - I anticipated a lot of opportunities to score referrals, some sort of killer promo with gifts from PM - I was rudely surprised in subsequent months by PM shoving out an entirely uncompetitive plan lineups, uninspired and unattractive promos, downgraded perks, inflated prices on existing plans, endless stupid surveys, and other unpopular decisions. I don't even point people to PM anymore because they find more than enough negativity to turn away (and make me look bad).

The last time I hunted through all those (and other) locations for a PM SIM card was a few years back. And a few years before that. They never had PM SIM cards available when I needed them - because I wanted to get referrals hooked up with a great promo - which is why I later purchased a pile of spare PM SIM cards for this purpose, lol.

I doubt PM will ever be able to get the small laptop/cellphone repair shops to stop selling their SIM cards, lol. These little businesses probably keep a few SIM cards from each operator on hand (which they bought at regular prices) simply to offer full service and convenience to their customers. Their business model depends on happy customers walking out the door with working devices before the end of the day.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

but i saw at shell they have and i ask them about the SIM card they say we have a limit when is sold out then not bring more is supplier no more they have it,, i don't know,

@Korth wrote:

I know PM SIM cards are sold at my local Walmart, London Drugs, Superstore (Loblaws), and "The Mobile Shop" (a small laptop/cellphone repair business). And of course the Telus and Koodo stores (in theory). Nowhere else in my city. It's worth noting that all of these locations claimed to have no PM SIM cards left in stock whenever PM was running unusually good promos.

I know PM Payment Vouchers are sold at the same places, along with my local Shoppers Drug Marts, Canadian Tire, and Shell stations. I've heard that you can also buy the Payment Vouchers at Money Marts and 7-Elevens (I never go to those places so I haven't confirmed).

Have you asked these places within the past 2 weeks if they still sell Public Mobile SIM cards?.  Other than Telus/Koodo stores,  the other places that you have mentioned are no longer authorized sellers of Public Mobile SIM cards, and as such Public Mobile will no longer be supplying them at wholesale pricing.  Going forwared, retail locations other than Telus/Koodo stores cannot be counted on to have stock of these.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I know PM SIM cards are sold at my local Walmart, London Drugs, Superstore (Loblaws), and "The Mobile Shop" (a small laptop/cellphone repair business). And of course the Telus and Koodo stores (in theory). Nowhere else in my city. It's worth noting that all of these locations claimed to have no PM SIM cards left in stock whenever PM was running unusually good promos.

I know PM Payment Vouchers are sold at the same places, along with my local Shoppers Drug Marts, Canadian Tire, and Shell stations. I've heard that you can also buy the Payment Vouchers at Money Marts and 7-Elevens (I never go to those places so I haven't confirmed).

@ShawnC13 

yes at shell they have but for a limit, when then end what they have then not bring anymore.

@Timer wrote:

@Rberry 

Shell Stations they have it or other gas stations store as well.

@Timer gas stations have  SIM cards?  Are you sure of this?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Rberry 

I've got a small pile of them, new, unopened, unused, purchased from Public Mobile (via Amazon) that I can't get rid of these days - referrals just aren't interested in signing up with Public Mobile anymore, it's still a good deal but it's not the fantastic and compelling deal it used to be.

Happy to give you a few for free, better than letting them go unused forever. If you're in or near the Fraser Valley, BC.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Rberry 

Shell Stations they have it or other gas stations store as well.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Amazon is also selling. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes that is the best option, unfortunately they took a lot of other options away, even ones that shipped to you in a timely fashion and PMs shipping time seems to be getting longer and longer, some people report not getting it even after a month....so in store is your best bet 

What city are you in,or at least near ?

Need Help? Let's chat.