cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the 5G network?

Sklin888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have updated my monthly plan which include 5G network and came effective 2 days ago.  I restarted my iPhone 12 three times, I went to network, I still can only see 3G and LTE network selection.

My question is how do I enable 5G network?

I know iPhone 12 is 5G capable phone, and the only thing I can think of is if my Public Mobile SIM card compatible or not?  I have used this SIM card since 2014, almost 10 years now...

Can anyone provide any help over here?

Thank you. 

Scott

7 REPLIES 7

PineryJack

I had the same issue a few days ago after activating my plan, All you need is upgrade your device os to 16.6.6+, I was able to see 5G icon after upgrading IOS to latest.

Go to settings - Cellular - Cellular data options - Voice and Data you will then see 5G auto and 5G On after upgrade, and 5G Auto should be selected automatically.

HI @Sklin888 

other than update your Carrier profiles, also click Reset Network Settings on your phone

Then change your network to 5G On or 5G Auto.  You can start with 5G On to force a 5G connections, but once you got it, better to change it to 5G Auto for the phone to decide when to use 5G to save power

@Sklin888 

To update to the latest iOS 17.2 go to Settings>General>Software Update and download.

Once it is download, go to Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Voice & Data>enable 5G Auto.

@Sklin888  Go to settings>geneal >about > carrier . It will only give option if it needs to be updated 

Sklin888

how do i update carrier setting from iPhone? thanks. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

SIM does not matter. Nothing to do with 5G. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sklin888  Make sure your iOS is updated to 17.2 and update carrier settings reboot the phone . See if that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.