cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is USA roaming $20 voice/text/250mb data add-on?

scandens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Traveling in states with the $20 voice/text/data bundle that expires tomorrow.  Went to my account to renew this for another 10 days  but although this bundle still shows as an option on main 'Plans' web page it does not show up as an option in my account's add-on purchase area.  How do I buy it??

13 REPLIES 13

@smf 

Unfortunately if you are repurchading the same US Roaming 10 day add on you must wait 24 hours from the time of expiry before it will appear on your add ons page available again for purchase. For future purchases make a note of the time of purchase so that you know the time it expires 240 hours later.

That way you can have the funds loaded on the account and you can contact customer support a few hours before expiry and request that they add the new roaming add on shortly after the expiry of the current one. If you purchase your first roaming add on during business hours (ie. noon) you can easily send a message or open a support ticket at 9am and make arrangements with a CSA to add it without having to worry about shift changes or waiting overnight for support.

smf

Thanks, I do already have the fund available for this.

HI @smf  , you are in US now and need the roaming ASAP?

To help to cut down back and forth messaging, load enough fund into your account first.  (After the fund is loaded, you should see it showing as Available Fund on your My Account).    With enough fund in the account, CS Support can make the manual purchase quicker when they got your ticket

smf

I've contacted CS and will let you know if it works.  Thanks for the tip.

HI @smf , Could it be the 24 hours wait?  when one roaming plan expired, you need to wait 24 hours before you can purchase the same plan.   A quicker way is to open a ticket wtih CS Agent and have them to buy for you.  But of course, it might be 1 to 4 hours for CS agent to reply

smf

I have the exact same problem--and have had it before.  My $20 plan has expired and when I try to get it again, I only see the $15 option and then separate options for data (so it is more expensive to do it this way).  Last time I was away, the same thing occurred.  Anyone know if this is only offered once?  Or what might be the problem?  I checked this out of curiosity when my plan was active I didn't have the $15 option available--so if it is a plan not being expired yet issue then I should see nothing at that point.

Ideas??  I want the $20 option back (oh and I did see someone wrote to try another browser but that didn't work).

@scandens USA add-ons can only be renewed the day AFTER expiry. Your situation?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi again Scandens, 

Please do be aware that you are currently being assisted by members of the community, not Public Mobile representatives. If you want help from Public Mobile directly you need to go ahead and message the moderator team so they can assist you. Please include your account number, phone number, and any other relevant information. 

As for the roaming bundle, I suspect that the reason it was not available for purchase in your self serve account is because it had not actually expired at the time you were looking to set it up again. Have you verified in your self serve account that it is no longer listed as an active add-on? 

Have you attempted to restart your phone?

scandens

ok, had to get phone working again and $20 usa roaming 3 way bundle still not available in my self serve, so I went with the $15 bundle no data.  Not impressed PM!!!  Your roaming system remains unpredictable and inflexible.  Perhaps if here is a real person back there you will give me a small amount of US roaming data gratis  as a good will gesture,   otherwise I will probably get a seperate US sim for my next trip south.

scandens

thx,  but my $20 text/voice/data bundle has now expired, however when I go to self-serve to buy it again, that combo option is not available.  The only roaming bundle showing is the $15 voice/text version.  see below

public roam options.jpg

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It could be also that these add-ons do not stack so it has to be expired before you can add it again.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi scandens, nice to meet you. 

Unfortunately, unlike the other add-ons which simply remain in your account indefinitely until used up, the USA roaming add-ons are like separate 10-day plans that start ticking down immediately when you purchase them. For that reason, you'll have to wait until the first purchased add-on expires before you'll be able to buy it again. You can find more information here. After it expires you can follow the instructions below to set it back up.

You'll find the USA roaming $20 talk text 250 data plan in self serve

Simply navigate:

Plan and Add-ons>Plan>Scroll down to the "add-ons builder" and under the fourth column you'll see a tab that says "US Roaming Bundle". That is where you will purchase the bundle.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Taylor 

Need Help? Let's chat.