cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I make a "Billing" suggestion?

KenAdams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I've pulled up my account to see if the 2021 Public Mobile Christmas gifts showed up under my account when I texted back "YES". Under my My Data & Add-Ons it shows up. Here's where my billing suggestion comes into play. Is there a way Public Mobile can rename them with the year it was gifted? I started back in 2019 and have Christmas data and international minutes from then and from 2020 and now 2021. Because this is more my emergency back up phone, I don't really use the data or INTL calls because I don't know anyone outside of Canada. And in case anyone is wondering what I used my 1 minute INTL call from 2019, I called an IHOP down in Fargo just to say Merry Christmas to whomever answered the phone. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. 

This is my account for example. Bolded are is my suggestion.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on 2019
    0  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US) 2019
    1  /  400 MIN
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US 2020
    3  /  500 MIN
    $0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on 2020
    0  /  2048 MB
    1GB Promo 2020
    0  /  1024 MB
    2GB one-time data bonus 2021
    0  /  2048 MB
    500 one-time Int'l LD bonus 2021
    0  /  500 MIN
    500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed 
    5.638  /  1024 MB

25 REPLIES 25

Any of these add-ons could be purchased rather than being gifts but the one type that would be more likely to have several on an account when actually purchased (not a gift) would be the data add-on…. I would think.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

Yes one shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Say what?!!

To me listing multiple add-ons of the same type is a bit ridiculous. I have two international calling add-ons (both gifts) and should soon have a third one. I wish that was a category they would add 500 minutes to instead of another identical add-on. BUT, if not, could they at least use one of the add-ons up before tapping into the next…PLEASE. I have a few minutes used from each of my international packages and suspect the next time I use a couple of minutes it will likely come out of the third newest gift. Oh well, can’t complain too much about it I guess….

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KenAdams 

Great suggestion whether pm implements it.....? Tagging @J_PM can generally bring attention to it and a bravo from her at least acknowledges that it has been seen and duly noted. If a suggestion is easily implemented then pm has been known to act on it and quickly in some cases. Going forward they may add the year and/or date for hopefully next year's campaign.

Otherwise you could act on your suggestion and create a thread that notes the subtle differences that pm makes to differentiate between promotional bonuses and/or gifts as they each have a unique wording. Having a guide to help others identify these add ons in their accounts would be extremely helpful and a little research on the site or asking long term members such as oracles to share pics of older promos/gifts/contest/feedback add ons could help your guide be more comprehensive.

Today alone I noticed a few add ons displayed in the "More is Merrier" thread that included a Valentine's Day contest 1GB add on and a bonus referral credit 1GB add on (which was one I had never heard even a mention of before!) Public Mobile is a self serve kind of mobile provider and sometimes that means you have to implement an alternative yourself.

@Anonymous and I are still trying to work on getting pm to sponsor our Great Cross Canada PM Voucher Search Adventure.....for next summer😅😆😆😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😁!!!

@CountyDownIeUk 

The usage of add on gifts, bonuses etc....is not always sequential to the time they were added. It can be a bit of a toss up.

@Anonymous 

Your blanket statement is untrue. While some wishlist suggestions will always remain that...wishes. Public Mobile does listen to its customers more than any other mobile provider I know of....and has implemented suggestions when they are feasible and cost effective. @AE_Collector suggestion to @Alan_K at the end of March 2020 to lower the price of the $30/1GB data add on to $15 was implemented overnight and became a permanent price point.

There have been many other suggestions that have been given as feedback and implemented by pm on a variety of timelines from adding the 4 digit account pin # to 611 for credit card payments and purchases to the 2FA for sim swaps. To say pm does not listen to suggestions from customers is grossly unfair. 

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
You get what you need
Ah, yeah
Oh!!😁

Leave no stone unturned.

@Anonymous wrote:

We could all go around in circles trying to divine the words and meaning from that user.

Just imagine a non techie newbie looking for advice. Does “that user” give exemplary and easy to follow advice that zeros in on their post. NOPE. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We could all go around in circles trying to divine the words and meaning from that user.

Yes @computergeek541 , perhaps so. 

Maybe the user intended to mean that posting comments on the public forum won't (necessarily) get PM consideration and one needs to make direct contact with PM Representatives.

Wow last post poorly worded.....so poor....no point of reading cuz it don’t makes no cents. 

Doesn’t   google translate clean up?

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : That user takes huge personal offense at being tagged or mentioned by other users. Good luck getting lost in translation.

Keep it up though. We all want proper correct information to be provided.

Oh yah.... will be on ya if you tag her false posts and intimidate you with a PM. 

Didn’t the US have a president like that....that everyone loved?

@Anonymous wrote:

@KenAdams 

no one will listen to any suggestion from customer ,
but you can send it by feedback when is coming in your browser screen,

That feedback is mainly about the website design and usability, and not specifically about the Public Mobile service or Self Serve account.

@Anonymous 

Totally lost by your comments, sorry.  

@Yummy , you follow?

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS @Yummy 

do you think your suggestions for improvement to public mobile to take out the gifts and give you money because you are a customer with them or because you don't used the gifts you need to give you money that is big wrong... which big company in here the give a gifts like that is worth it about $40 or more.... and all customer have to be thanks to public mobile to give all gifts and rewards too many customer in here the don't pay for service because of the earn rewards and need more and more and more...

Unrelated, No?

EDIT: perhaps, I should have said misunderstood?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS @Yummy 

do you think your suggestions for improvement to public mobile to take out the gifts and give you money because you are a customer with them or because you don't used the gifts you need to give you money that is big wrong... which big company in here the give a gifts like that is worth it about $40 or more.... and all customer have to be thanks to public mobile to give all gifts and rewards too many customer in here the don't pay for service because of the earn rewards and need more and more and more...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : I finally threw up my hands in exasperation and simply said Google Translate after another episode with them.

@Anonymous 

I now see that's the case. 

If only one might proofread, and/or perhaps get another user to review their posts before sending?

Yah, wishful thinking...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : That user takes huge personal offense at being tagged or mentioned by other users. Good luck getting lost in translation.

Keep it up though. We all want proper correct information to be provided.

Thinks she has clout. 🤪🤪 and you must support and follow her position. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@KenAdams 

Don't be so NEGATIVE!

If we, customers, do not suggest improvements then big companies will do whatever they want.

YES, you should contact CSA with your suggestion and hope for the best!

It seems that @Anonymous did not appreciate my earlier comment that the OP disregard their earlier comment. 

For the record, I completely stand by my earlier suggestion.

I do not feel that any of us should offer such a generalized statement that,  "no one will listen to any suggestion from (a) customer"

I'd like to think that most companies WILL listen to a well-reasoned and thoughtful suggestion IF it helps their business succeed and increases customer loyalty.

S--S, if that hasn't been your experience, than that's regrettable.

Good idea. Is there some one here, bull dog type, that could be nominated to push this idea through?

Lol. Forget about the year,,,,how about the full date for any free or purchased add on?

That way we can see the order that they will be used. Also would be good to see what countries are in each international LD add on..as they do differ. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KenAdams 

I love and support that idea!

But will Public Mobile do that in the Overview section? Maybe, maybe not.

But, no harm providing feedback.  🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@KenAdams 

@KenAdams 

Please disregard the message above that "no one will listen to any suggestion from customer".   It's unclear if that user meant to write what they did - I hope not.

I feel your suggestion is a great one, and should be quite easy to accommodate, if not for past bonus add-ons already on customer accounts, then at least for future such campaigns.

Please follow the suggestions to put it forth.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KenAdams 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@KenAdams    Yes, that's a great idea and I'm sure been suggested before but doesn't hurt to keep asking PM to clarify all these promos and gifts as it does get confusing after a while. 

Perhaps tag @J_PM in your post, although I wouldn't hold my breath for anything to change anytime soon, but who knows..  😊

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes, it is a bit confusing..

People here are just customers like you , you wil l have to open ticket with PM for the suggestions  (but to warn you, things here move slowly..)

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.