cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my loyalty points?

SallyHao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I knew that old customers will be gifted 1 point per month and will gain extra 1 point per month for every extra year they stay with PM. I wonder why am I not getting those? I only got my anniversary point reward but not loyalty points....

26 REPLIES 26

SallyHao

Aha, that's good to know. Thank you for the explanation!

HI @SallyHao Only some plans , not all, have a 90 days options

what it means is if you are willing to pay 3 months upfront, the price will be lower per 30 days

For example $45 plan -50GB for 30 days, the 90 days option is if you are willing to pay $120 upfront ($40 / 30 days), you will have the full 90 days data, 150 GB to use for the next 90 days.  It's good for saving.  But since PM is prepaid, it basically locked you in for 90 days and you cannot go anywhere or change plan (of course if you leave early or use Change Now to change plan, you loss the remaining days with no refund)

SallyHao

Ah I see. No wonder it's slightly cheaper.

SallyHao

I'm in Ontario, but I see several 90-day subscription plans, which I don't know what they mean....

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You pay 3* the "monthly" (30 day) cost and get 3* the monthly data all at once. Renewal is then 90 days later. The friend I referenced is still on that (Nov-Feb) and we've been changing their "on next renewal" plan each time. 🙂

ottawa

QC only. It's there now, if you have friends/relatives in QC who might be interested.

SallyHao

Also, I wonder what does the 90 day plan actually mean? How does that work? Is it that the total reported data and payment are for 90 days instead of 30 days so that people with that plan only need to pay once per 90 days?

HI @SallyHao 

are you in Quebec ?  if not, you can't get those plans

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans#ALL

SallyHao

Omg, when did they have the @$29 for 6GB 4G plan?!!! I have been using the $25 plan for a year and I didn't know it..... I need it so much.... I just changed to the $34 5G plan for black friday sale but I don't even need that much extra data....

I'm very confused about the 90-day subscription plans... What does that even mean...?

ottawa

@SallyHao   Gave you a Bravo for following up so promptly. 🙂 Welcome to PM.

BTW, much as we criticize the new Points system (vs the old Rewards system), plans are much cheaper now. Not just PM's doing but as I posted elsewhere, I recently cycled a friend through the following (QC only) plans:

$40/5GB (3G? 4G? speed)
$102/60GB @ 4G speed ($34/20GB/30days, paid 90 days at a time)
[*]$34/20GB @ 4G speed (paid 30 days at a time)
[*]$29/3GB @ 4G speed
$29/6GB @ 4G speed
[*] means a plan was booked but changed before renewal

They've gone from $40 to $29 for the same service (more data and faster speed are irrelevant to them, they were debating going to the $25/1GB @ 3G speed plan before all this happened).

They're paying 27.5% less for the same service in their minds. Technically a bigger drop than that, after Rewards their new plan is 67% of what they were paying before. Can't really credit Telus/PM for that (more likely Videotron/Freedom driving the market) but hey the core concept of competition is they chase each other down. 🙂

SallyHao

Yea, I realized that right after I submitted my previous question to you...

@SallyHao It seems we are going circles. PM does not give anyone $1 for every 30 days of service. What the link I sent shows is if you change from Old money rewards to new points rewards, you will get 1 POINT for every 30 days you have been with them. It is a ONE TIME award.

SallyHao

From this link you provided, it seems that PM is providing $1 for every 30 days we stay with them?

Edit: Ah, nvm. I misunderstood it just now.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For clarity the new points system was implemented January 25, 2022.  Anyone joining after this date will have no choice but be enrolled in the points system.  Customers before that date had a choice to stay on the old rewards system or enroll in the points system.

@SallyHao wrote:

Then I wonder how did old customers gain rewards in the loyalty program? How is that better than the points system, just out of curiosity? I just used PM for one year.

@SallyHao Old customers got money under the old rewards program and continue to do so so long as they stay on the old rewards plan.$1 off per month for each year with PM up to a total of $5 per month off. Much better than points as funds are deposited to account monthly and reduce your bill.

ottawa

@SallyHaoWhat @kb_mv said. But to over-simplify, the Points system typically gives you less for similar spending.

@SallyHao wrote:

I see. I thought people who are in the new point system can also gain loyalty points...

@SallyHao Please see the link below. It explains what points are awarded and when:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/public-points

SallyHao

Then I wonder how did old customers gain rewards in the loyalty program? How is that better than the points system, just out of curiosity? I just used PM for one year.

ottawa

Mr. Pedantic sez: people on the new Point system get loyalty Points, people on the old Reward system get loyalty Rewards.

But no, it's one or the other.

SallyHao

I see. I thought people who are in the new point system can also gain loyalty points...

ottawa

It's important (if pedantic) to understand PM has 2 loyalty programs: Rewards and Points. They are separate and you don't get both. I mention this only because you refer to both Rewards and Points in the same sentence. If you've been around PM long enough to be on Rewards, you definitely don't want Points!

pmbc

Looks like they may have done away with loyalty under the points system.  PM gives 10 points for anniversary according to this link.

Earn Rewards For Being A Subscriber | Public Mobile

You earn points for payment, anniversary, refer a friend and contributing to the community.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao wrote:

I knew that old customers will be gifted 1 point per month and will gain extra 1 point per month for every extra year they stay with PM. I wonder why am I not getting those? I only got my anniversary point reward but not loyalty points....

@SallyHao Old customers (on the old rewards plan) don't get points. They get 1 dollar off their bill after each 12 month period up to a maximum of $5 off per month. If you are on the newer points system I believe you get Anniversary points only not monthly.

Edit to add: Have a look at the link below. Anniversary one time a year points, not monthly:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/public-points

SallyHao

Also, will the reward point name be "loyalty points" in the reward account?

SallyHao

But my anniversary date is beginning of October. So shouldn't I have already received my loyalty points this month since it's already end of November?

pmbc

@SallyHao I think you'll get your loyalty point next month.  The month after your anniversary date.

Need Help? Let's chat.