cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the US Roaming add-on actually start?

EnderX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need US Roaming Talk/text/Data - but not until thursday.  Can I buy it now and ask it to be activated then?  Or does it just activate when it touches a US network?  Or does the 10 days start the moment I buy it?

6 REPLIES 6

I've frequently used it for short trips into Trumpland. For a weekend camping trip the add-on is handy to keep in touch. Even though I only need it for 2 or 3 days...it's worth the $15. Used it this past weekend as a matter of fact. Good luck.

There are far more users who are successfully applying the 2-step payment and activation of the US Roaming add-ons, than there are who have it fail.

I haven't used the roaming add-ons, however, I know they work, and at a decent value, for mid-length trips.

There is, however, still the glitch when the 10-day period ends, where texting in Canada is affected, which should resolve within 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bbqpeanut wrote:

I dunno man. From my experience it never did. And after my entire trip was over and having spent hours at a Starbucks talking to PM, all I got was a refund.. Personally I wouldn't risk it. I'd just get another sim in the US.

And yet this guy very recently trundled on down to the states and a data roaming add-on worked fine.

Although I agree to get a SIM while visiting. It's kinda fun to have a local number.

bbqpeanut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I dunno man. From my experience it never did. And after my entire trip was over and having spent hours at a Starbucks talking to PM, all I got was a refund.. Personally I wouldn't risk it. I'd just get another sim in the US.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Immeddiately after you buy it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@EnderX wrote:

I need US Roaming Talk/text/Data - but not until thursday.  Can I buy it now and ask it to be activated then?  Or does it just activate when it touches a US network?  Or does the 10 days start the moment I buy it?

It starts the moment you pay the second time. To save time make a payment equal to the add-on price which will be place in Available Funds. Then the day you want it just buy is with those funds. See: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Also fyi, these can only be renewed the day AFTER they expire even if completely used prior to that date.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.